Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Cowboy Wedding
Lens: Pentax-DA 16-45mm Camera: K-30 ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Dewman, 08-01-2017, 12:22 PM

Last month a young friend of mine got married. I was elected to be the "unofficial" official photographer.

This pose was her idea. She saw one similar to it in a magazine and asked it I could duplicate it. To say the very least, weddings are NOT my forte and I will NEVER be roped into another one as long as I live, so help me God!

Last edited by Dewman; 01-10-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Views: 757
08-01-2017, 06:29 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I photographed weddings professionally for a few years. One of the most stressful of pro photo work !
08-01-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
I photographed weddings professionally for a few years. One of the most stressful of pro photo work !

This was my second wedding shoot, the first being about 45 years ago when I was too young to know the meaning of "stress." Now, at age 72, it was very much concerned that my efforts were on a professional level and I ended up putting far too much stress on myself. After it was all said and done, I realized that if they had wanted "Professional results," they should have hired someone who does this on a professional level! I ended up with 851 images, spent untold hours of editing and all I got was a "thanks," as they walked away with a flash drive full of my heart and soul.

Never again!
08-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I will NEVER be roped into another
It did allow you to use a pun like this one, and get a good shot, so it was well worth it in this case. Cowever, if the idea of shooting another chaps you, I guess you should steer clear of another such event, or you'll be saddled with a reputation as a wedding photographer.

08-02-2017, 05:46 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
It did allow you to use a pun like this one, and get a good shot, so it was well worth it in this case. Cowever, if the idea of shooting another chaps you, I guess you should steer clear of another such event, or you'll be saddled with a reputation as a wedding photographer.

I knew that sooner or later, someone would pick up on my comment. Very clever! I've herd them all now..... unless there's a stray somewhere.