Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Neighborhood Fireworks.
Lens: Pentax-DA 16-45mm Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Idaho ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Dewman, 08-03-2017, 06:42 AM

This was taken this past 4th of July as I sat in my driveway. Although big-time fireworks are illegal for ordinary citizens to possess and use, many of the folks in town ignore the fact and the police pretty much look the other way. But, I think this was the last year that this will be the case. One of the neighbors had a professional mortar to launch the fireworks and one of them detonated while still inside the mortar! To say the least, a VERY dangerous situation! The sound was deafening! As you can see in the photo, there were dozens of people, the majority being children, who were very close by when the mishap occurred. It was a miracle no one was injured or killed! I just don't understand how people could possibly put their children in harms way like this! After the inadvertent detonation happened, my lady friend and I immediately folded up our chairs and went back inside while the merrymaking continued far into the night.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-10-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Views: 440
08-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great capture! Good to hear nobody got hurt, because you do hear stories of garages blowing up and/or catching in fire due to negligence

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: