Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
another katie Shot, lol
Posted By: rmtagg, 08-20-2008, 08:14 AM

I deliberately shot this pic like this and played a bit in photo shop. I am experimenting with portraits with a fashiony flare. At least that is what I hope this is, lol

And katies sister, Joy

Views: 1,740
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM   #2

again amazing photogs. i wouldn't be surprise to see #1 in a magazine.

since you're playing with photoshop, there's a video tutorial on youtube about glamor effect YouTube - "Glamor Effect" in Photoshop check it out if you haven't seen it already, but that first photo look awesome the way it is.
08-20-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The concern I might have on the first shot is the upper blown out areas. They do compete strongly and pull the eye up and to the right. The upper left arm edge detail is not enough to keep the arm from washing away into the background. I do like the subtle gentle look of the lower portion of the left arm against the gray, it appears very soft and holds its own. With her soft white skin tone I would try and off set her against darker backgrounds. (especially gray tones, and tones that work well with her golden hair colour). The first sister has very powerful, high contrast, facial features, while the second sister brings a warm rounded range of facial tones. You are very fortunate to have to classy models that bring so many opportunities to the table. It also helps that they are very easy to look at.
08-20-2008, 11:32 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I think Katie's becoming a bit of an icon here on the Pentax Forums....

c[_]

08-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

i must voice my feelings..

In many of your katie shots, katie seems to always be in an awkward or unnatural position.

the bench shot is a prime example, i have never seen anyone sit on a bench like that before.

also, in this set, the 2nd picture, very akward. She has 2 fingers on the locking pin and two fingers just barely touching the handle.. yet her shoulder is nearly touching the door, yet shes looking somewhere downward off to the side..

logic dictates that the door will probably remain closed... unless she is left handed, but even then.

another mention is the shot of her in the corner of a building in her yellow dress

shes holding her glasses with two fingers and the other two are just barely holding on to the concrete wall, you can almost tell that she is supporting her arms using he shoulders rather than her actual hand.

sorry... i just had to point out these things, but you guys know how i am.
08-20-2008, 02:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

They all look relaxed and geuine. Good lighting and soft effect in the first shot.

You got a way with models that they all look so relaxed!
08-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Damn Brit

Rosemary I think you made Katie look pregnant the way this shot is composed because of the way the dress billows out.
The second shot, the angles don't work for me again, feels like you were too close.
Gary

08-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hard to take a bad shot with either one of those gals. I'd like to see some up close, in-ya-face portraits with both of them. They both have wonderful features...
08-21-2008, 05:07 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
logic dictates that the door will probably remain closed... unless she is left handed, but even then.
Thanks Spock! Gave me a good morning chuckle.