Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
First, in a triumphant series.
Lens: Canon 55~250 IS II Lens Camera: Canon EOS Rebel t5. Photo Location: Sherwood Forest ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-20-2017, 07:46 PM

While in transit to my car, I could not help but notice this classic beauty. I may be wrong, but I believe it is a 1955 Triumph Spitfire. No model name anywhere on the vehicle.

More to come after this one. You gotta love that racing green. If not a recent restoration, it was kept in pristine condition.

Focal Length 55mm,????. used xternal flash and Pattern Metering. Initially shot in RAW.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 07:54 PM ----------

Identical recipe as the first photo. I like this shot because I felt it really presented that wonderful British Racing Green beautifully.

Thanks for viewing. Still more to come.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:02 PM ----------

Still the same recipe. I thought this angle gave a nice view of the cockpit. I do see where the passenger side door is not flush with the end of the dash board. Things that make you go HHmmmm!!!!

Ya just gotta love that wood steering wheel. Cool car all around.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:14 PM ----------

Another shot of the interior from the right side. It really is not as small as it looks. It is a two seater, so two people will have plenty of leg room.

Thanks,

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:25 PM ----------

Nice view of the cockpit. I was wrong about this vehicle being only a two seater. I would imagine those tiny back seats are not very roomy and comfortable.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:34 PM ----------

One last shot from the left rear. It was a lot of fun shooting this, especially when people were exiting the store, they thought I was a professional and didn't want to get in my way. Which was fine. Well thanks very much for viewing, I hope all enjoyed this series of photos.

TT
Views: 543
08-20-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not a Spitfire. It is Triumph TR3, produced between 1955 and 1962.
08-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Terry C Quote
Not a Spitfire. It is Triumph TR3, produced between 1955 and 1962.
Ahhh, thanks for the update. I got the correct year anyway.

TT
08-21-2017, 12:42 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote

While in transit to my car, I could not help but notice this classic beauty. I may be wrong, but I believe it is a 1955 Triumph Spitfire. No model name anywhere on the vehicle.

More to come after this one. You gotta love that racing green. If not a recent restoration, it was kept in pristine condition.

Focal Length 55mm,????. used xternal flash and Pattern Metering. Initially shot in RAW.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 07:54 PM ----------

Identical recipe as the first photo. I like this shot because I felt it really presented that wonderful British Racing Green beautifully.

Thanks for viewing. Still more to come.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:02 PM ----------

Still the same recipe. I thought this angle gave a nice view of the cockpit. I do see where the passenger side door is not flush with the end of the dash board. Things that make you go HHmmmm!!!!

Ya just gotta love that wood steering wheel. Cool car all around.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:14 PM ----------

Another shot of the interior from the right side. It really is not as small as it looks. It is a two seater, so two people will have plenty of leg room.

Thanks,

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:25 PM ----------

Nice view of the cockpit. I was wrong about this vehicle being only a two seater. I would imagine those tiny back seats are not very roomy and comfortable.

Thanks for viewing.

TT

---------- Post added 08-20-17 at 08:34 PM ----------

One last shot from the left rear. It was a lot of fun shooting this, especially when people were exiting the store, they thought I was a professional and didn't want to get in my way. Which was fine. Well thanks very much for viewing, I hope all enjoyed this series of photos.

TT
Hi,

Nice series of photographs, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car!

Regards.

08-21-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gordon_l34 Quote
Hi,

Nice series of photographs, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car!

Regards.
Thanks very much for your comments. Would love to have one of those to drive out in the English countryside.

Best,

TT