Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
A Trilobite . . . . . . .
Lens: FA 43 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Houston, TX ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-29-2017, 07:43 AM

. . . . . . I think. In any event, this shot features one of the many displays in the paleontology wing of Houston's Museum of Natural Science.

Jer


Views: 463
08-29-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian
8540tomg's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,461
Very nice Jer. As I recall from a geology course I took many years ago, these guys used to swim about in the ancient Cambrian seas

Speaking of swimming I hope you are keeping your head above water in Texas.

Tom G
08-29-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,466
Liking this one Jer. Hope all is well with you and yours during this terrible weather rampage.
08-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,417
Beautiful shot of the Trilobite. It seems suspended in air on it's base.

Hope for the best regarding the devastating storm that your area has weathered.

08-29-2017, 09:25 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
mikeSF's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Bay Area, CA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,362
very nice 3D rendering
08-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
Pentaxian
RoxnDox's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington, USA, Terra
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,272
Yes, it's a trilobite, and a fine one!

Hope you and yours are staying safe...
08-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,784
Very well photographed Jer, reminds me of our Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta.
08-30-2017, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,471
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 8540tomg Quote
Very nice Jer. As I recall from a geology course I took many years ago, these guys used to swim about in the ancient Cambrian seas

Speaking of swimming I hope you are keeping your head above water in Texas.

Tom G
Thanks, Tom. We're still above water . At least the sun is out today and I'll be hopping on my bike shortly.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Liking this one Jer. Hope all is well with you and yours during this terrible weather rampage.
Thank you, Susan. Also, I appreciate your concern.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Beautiful shot of the Trilobite. It seems suspended in air on it's base.

Hope for the best regarding the devastating storm that your area has weathered.
Hey, Les, thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
very nice 3D rendering
Mike, I appreciate the kind words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yes, it's a trilobite, and a fine one!

Hope you and yours are staying safe...
Thank you - we're doing OK so far.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very well photographed Jer, reminds me of our Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller, Alberta.
Thank you, Heinrich. I love museums - there are several in Houston that should visit more often than I do.

Jer

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top