Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Hurricane Emergency Kit
Lens: Tamron 90mm Macro Camera: K-3 II Photo Location: Home ISO: 100 Aperture: F8 
Posted By: slowpez, 09-09-2017, 09:05 AM

Just stocking up on essentials in case Irma pays a visit. I don't even want to tell you how much butter went into this project.


Views: 344
09-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #2
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
PJ1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Mosquito Creek, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,571
NIce shot. Very "magazine" style. It is also my style of emergency food. But seriously, I hope Irma (and Hector) don't give you too much of a rough time. I know how hard it is watching a big weather system slowly heading your way and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait and pray.
09-09-2017, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 27,861
Looks like food gone to waist!
09-09-2017, 05:10 PM   #4
pjv
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,781
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I don't even want to tell you how much butter went into this project.
Worth every ounce Susan. Hope that you all stay safe madam.


PS. Excellent image of proof of the cookies existence. At my house, they would only be a memory !!

09-09-2017, 05:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,866
. I also had a survival kit for Harvey, but it lacked the classy richness of your kit; mine just had stuff in cans (stuff containing EtOH) and brightly colored bags of really salty things vaguely related to potatoes, corn and popcorn.

Jer
09-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,078
Looks awesome, Susan.
Great minds think alike , here is my hurricane comfort food.

09-10-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,697
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
NIce shot. Very "magazine" style. It is also my style of emergency food. But seriously, I hope Irma (and Hector) don't give you too much of a rough time. I know how hard it is watching a big weather system slowly heading your way and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do except wait and pray.
A couple of more days of waiting for us. Fingers remain crossed.

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Looks like food gone to waist!


QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Worth every ounce Susan. Hope that you all stay safe madam.
PS. Excellent image of proof of the cookies existence. At my house, they would only be a memory !!
Thanks for the kind comment. We evidently still have mice because they are disappearing fast.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
. I also had a survival kit for Harvey, but it lacked the classy richness of your kit; mine just had stuff in cans (stuff containing EtOH) and brightly colored bags of really salty things vaguely related to potatoes, corn and popcorn.

Jer
Thank you Jer.

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Looks awesome, Susan.
Great minds think alike , here is my hurricane comfort food.
Want to start a dessert swap? Two cookies for one cupcake. Sounds fair to me.
09-10-2017, 07:22 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
micromacro's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,078
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Want to start a dessert swap? Two cookies for one cupcake. Sounds fair to me.
Sure! Let's do it. Right now. Do you have teleport?

We already have nasty weather here in South Florida, in Broward. It will be till Monday. Wind is getting stronger as the eye is closer. Still we are extremely lucky that the eye goes on the west side.
Hope you will not get much of Irma!

09-10-2017, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,697
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
We already have nasty weather here in South Florida, in Broward. It will be till Monday. Wind is getting stronger as the eye is closer. Still we are extremely lucky that the eye goes on the west side.
Hope you will not get much of Irma!
We are glued to the weather channel. We are most probably just going to get some strong winds and rain. Prayers for all you Floridians. That is one superwide path.
09-10-2017, 08:54 AM   #10
Moderator
Site Supporter
photolady95's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cruising PentaxForums and watching your back.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,745
I'm just north of Melbourne but we're not getting much rain here yet. Mostly gusty winds. Since the change in the projected path is for west Florida we'll probably get flooding and high winds plus tornadoes in areas they are likely to touch down. Luckily, my house has stood through many a hurricane since it was built 1960, I'm not worried.

Last edited by photolady95; 09-10-2017 at 09:33 AM.
09-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #11
Pentaxian
MadMathMind's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,646
This is the right kit!
09-10-2017, 10:12 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,697
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I'm just north of Melbourne but we're not getting much rain here yet. Mostly gusty winds. Since the change in the projected path is for west Florida we'll probably get flooding and high winds plus tornadoes in areas they are likely to touch down. Luckily, my house has stood through many a hurricane since it was built 1960, I'm not worried.
Glad you are not worried but I sure would be. Be safe.

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
This is the right kit!
Always thinking ahead, that's me. The bathtub is full of water, the generator has gas, food supplies (the healthy kind) are in the pantry, batteries, flash lights, lanterns, etc. are at the ready. Not we are just waiting and eating lots of cookies of course.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax DA* 300mm * full frame compatible * emergency fund sale jab2980 Sold Items 2 07-13-2017 09:28 AM
Need remote NOW, emergency fafo13 General Photography 20 07-09-2017 10:02 AM
For Sale - Sold: DA*60-250 - Emergency Sale - Works Great - $700 VoiceOfReason Sold Items 6 05-04-2017 07:34 PM
Emergency doors StÚnon Monthly Photo Contests 20 04-11-2017 12:35 AM
Emergency Kit (Adult content) xs400 Post Your Photos! 7 08-09-2008 03:57 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top