Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Another Roadside Attraction
Lens: 67 105/2.4; 165/2.8 Camera: P 67 Photo Location: Forks of the River WMA, Knoxville, Tennessee ISO: 50 
Posted By: CreationBear, 09-11-2017, 10:40 AM

Just got my second roll of Velvia 50 back, and my overall impression: I've got to get a business plan.

Despite the financial pain, though, I'm starting to get addicted to the stuff--though I might try to limit it to "special occasions" up in the Smokies, rather than documenting my simple walkabouts close to home. On the upside, I'm digging my new lens--the 67 165/2.8--and Eric has apparently worked his usual magic on a formally balky Pentax 67. I'm also happy to say that reciprocity issues weren't as complicated as I'd feared--my Ries tripod and Manfrotto 410 handled exposures up to 20 seconds with aplomb, though I continue to pine away for the elusive Kirk L-bracket.

1. Another Roadside Attraction

2. As Level as It Gets

3. Only a Flesh Wound

4. If I Said You Had a Fruiting Body, Would You Hold It Against Me?

Views: 625
09-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rich, beautiful color. Very pleasing images photos.

I don't think I would have seen the composition on your second photo, had I been in your boots. It was not until I took a second look at it that I realized how nice of a composition it is (as opposed to it being simply a pretty picture).

They look even better on your Flickr.
09-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ha, thanks--I did get the yips when trying to frame the second shot, though...I'll have to pay more attention to what the spirit level(s) are saying. At any rate, even if it doesn't make a whole lot of economic sense, I am getting a kick out hauling the big beast over hill and dale.

Otherwise, I hope you continue to give your Jersey b'ar's the right-of-way...
09-11-2017, 01:46 PM   #4

nice photos

good job

09-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Much obliged, pofenloch--film is likely to remain a mystery to me, but it's nice to introduce these old lenses back into their natural habitat.