Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spider in from the cold
Lens: FA 100/2.8 macro Camera: K-3 Photo Location: In my home ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F2.8 
Posted By: Canada_Rockies, 09-16-2017, 10:14 AM

This not so little fellow was in my path when I went for my next coffee fix this morning (11 am). We had frost last night, and are getting our fall invasion. This spider was rather larger than the usual, so I grabbed the K-3 and switched to the FA 100/2.8 macro. Being in the midst of a migraine, I set the camera to Green mode and turned on the flash.

ISO 250, 1/160 (X synch), f/2.8 for the larger photo, +1 stop in Post Processing to bring things up to the correct exposure. No crop, no other PP. The one with the smaller view is to give an idea of the size of him/her. The step behind is ~5 inches (~ 13 cm) from floor to shadow bottom.

Anyone who can tell me the type of spider it is would be very helpful. We don't usually see them this large except for "Daddy long legs" that have a very small globular body.

[/url]

Views: 675
09-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
From the shots taken it looks like a hairy huntsman Spider
09-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
From the shots taken it looks like a hairy huntsman Spider
Not likely. They aren't native North of the equator. It might be a Hobo or Garden, but I am not an entomologist ...