Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 22 Likes Search this Thread
19 Likes  #1
Quiraing sunrise, Isle of Skye
Lens: Voigtlander 15mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: 2s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 09-27-2017, 06:05 AM

Sunrise at Quiraing on the Isle of Skye, last March during one of my Workshops on the Isle. Quiraing is a really enchanted place, where trees even grow horizontally out of hillsides Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo 

Views: 1,712
09-27-2017, 09:24 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is one stunning image Vieri...well done.
09-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #3

Nice one. I have shot plenty of Quirang shots, but on the slopes that are treeless. This makes it quite special.
09-27-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What a beautiful shot! Love the colors and the foreground tree/bush frames things nicely.

09-30-2017, 01:52 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
This is one stunning image Vieri...well done.
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote
Nice one. I have shot plenty of Quirang shots, but on the slopes that are treeless. This makes it quite special.
Thank you very much! Yes, I really love the wee tree

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
What a beautiful shot! Love the colors and the foreground tree/bush frames things nicely.
Thank you very much Rondec!

Best regards,

Vieri
10-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another wonderful shot! I really like the blend of colors in the sky.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great job! The tenacity of trees and other plant life to adversity is so well captured in this stunning landscape.

10-21-2017, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Another wonderful shot! I really like the blend of colors in the sky.
Thank you very much Adam, I am glad you enjoyed it! Yes, the sky was pretty inspiring that morning!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tamia Quote
Great job! The tenacity of trees and other plant life to adversity is so well captured in this stunning landscape.
Thank you very much Tamia, I am glad you enjoyed this testimony to the tenacity and will to live of this wee tree

Best regards,

Vieri
06-17-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote
Yes, the tree and vegetation on the opposite slope are a good contrast to what we can see below.
06-17-2018, 10:54 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm always amazed at the beautiful images you post.... and to be quite honest, a bit envious. I've always wished I had had the opportunity to visit different places around the world, as you have. Thank you for exposing us to the wonders of the world that many of us will never have the good fortune to see in person.
06-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That shot is just wonderful, Vieri! Thanks for posting.
End of April I was briefly on Skye during my motorbike trip. A great location but I did not have much time to shoot and very limited space for photo gear on my motorbike.
06-18-2018, 12:07 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Yes, the tree and vegetation on the opposite slope are a good contrast to what we can see below.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
I'm always amazed at the beautiful images you post.... and to be quite honest, a bit envious. I've always wished I had had the opportunity to visit different places around the world, as you have. Thank you for exposing us to the wonders of the world that many of us will never have the good fortune to see in person.
Thank you very much for your comment about my work, that is much appreciated indeed. About traveling, I am very fortunate to do a job that allows me to see some truly amazing places all over the world, and even more fortunate in being able to photograph them. But what makes me the most happy is seeing how sharing my work can affect others in the way in said in your comment above - thank you!

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
That shot is just wonderful, Vieri! Thanks for posting.
End of April I was briefly on Skye during my motorbike trip. A great location but I did not have much time to shoot and very limited space for photo gear on my motorbike.
Thank you very much Norbert, glad you enjoyed it! Yes, Skye is amazing and deserves quite a bit of time to be explored and photographed at its best. I hope you'll be able to be back again some day with proper camera gear and more time!

Best regards,

Vieri
08-18-2018, 09:57 PM   #13
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Sunrise at Quiraing on the Isle of Skye, last March during one of my Workshops on the Isle. Quiraing is a really enchanted place, where trees even grow horizontally out of hillsides Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri
really nice shot! love the vista and the focal point! just amazing!
08-19-2018, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
really nice shot! love the vista and the focal point! just amazing!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! Best regards,

Vieri
08-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Of course it's one of yours, Vieri.