Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Venetian fortress - Spinalonga
Lens: SMC Pentax 02 Standard Zoom 5-15mm f/2.8-4.5 Camera: Pentax Q7 Photo Location: Spinalonga / Kalydon, Crete ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: BigMackCam, 10-01-2017, 12:17 AM

I visited Spinalonga as part of a tourist day trip while on holiday in Crete. It's a tiny, beautiful island with a a fascinating and - in some ways - sad, shocking yet uplifting history. Most recently, it was the featured location in Victoria Hislop's popular novel, "The Island".

Taken with the Q7 + 02 standard zoom, processed in LR6 with my own "CCD look" preset and a few other tweaks...

Attached Images

Last edited by BigMackCam; 10-01-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Views: 727
10-01-2017, 03:01 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, what a beautiful turquoise in the foreground. Bet that water was super clear!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-01-2017, 03:19 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Wow, what a beautiful turquoise in the foreground. Bet that water was super clear!
Crystal clear, Adam. Later in the day, we moored further down the island to swim, and even 100 metres out from the bay, I could still see to the bottom Wish I'd thought to take a snorkel mask with me, as there were quite a lot of fish visible from the boat...
06-18-2018, 02:05 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Because of my film background {using slide film} I probably would have made the first picture a tad darker, but that is my artistic vision these days. It is a great picture your way!

06-18-2018, 02:16 PM   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Because of my film background {using slide film} I probably would have made the first picture a tad darker, but that is my artistic vision these days. It is a great picture your way!
Thanks for the props and feedback!

The way it's shown is my recollection of how it looked on the (extremely bright and sunny) day, more or less... which isn't to say that my recollection was 100% accurate, nor indeed that it was the best way to represent the scene