Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Heading home on a smoky moorning
Lens: Q 06 Camera: Pentax Q Photo Location: Mosquito Creek, Queensland Australia ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: PJ1, 10-05-2017, 10:29 PM

Coming home early this morning there was high cloud and a lot of smoke haze that gave some layering to the ridges. The shot is almost due east so it shows how much the sun was obscured. Home is at the foot of the lowest ridge on the left side. It is about half way between the photo point and the top of the mountain. The dry grass with the orange tinge is kangaroo grass, not an over-correction for colour. I thought it went well with the blue. There have been a couple of pics on the Forums lately that worked with these kinds of silhouettes. I thought it was worth a try. The K-3 or K-01 might have been better but I tend to carry the Q more when I am burdened with other gear.
(Just realized I have a double "o" in morning. Hopefully anyone looking will still understand!!)

Last edited by PJ1; 10-05-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Views: 955
10-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
well considered shot !
The Q sure is a useful little jobbie.
10-07-2017, 02:38 AM   #3
PJ1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
The Q sure is a useful little jobbie

Thanks for commenting. The Q does well but I have yet to get it doing exactly what I want. I was chasing the 02 lens recently and found one attached to Q10 for virtually the price of the lens. It gives me a second body set up and a small selection of lenses in less than 1kg that I can carry in a waist pouch. It is handy when I may have a rifle and other gear totaling about 6kg. Not really for pixel peepers though. You have to remind yourself that it isn't meant for 20x30 prints. I hope Pentax stays with it. I would be tempted by a Q7 at the right price but I would like a newer model.
06-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #4
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

This shows value of the "Q" family - complete package that is small enough to take with you.