Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
One Mississippi, Two Mississippi...
Lens: 67 165/2.8 Camera: P 67 Photo Location: GSMNP ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: CreationBear, 10-13-2017, 01:21 PM

Still getting a feel for my Pentax 67 kit, but had a nice day recently introducing it back to its natural habitat--in this case, a small trib of Little River in the Great Smoky Mountains NP. Otherwise, the 165/2.8 doesn't have quite the reputation as the later 165/4 as a "landscape" option, but I really like the "short tele" look and really don't seem to be missing much in the way of sharpness. It is a trip, though, to get up into the 20-second range with your exposures--fortunately, Acros isn't bedeviled with reciprocity failure issues like Delta 100, so it's pretty straightforward to use.

Views: 728
10-13-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Impressive detail. Really like this shot!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Impressive detail

Thanks, Adam--that big 6x7 negative still holds a lot of information! I'm looking forward to poking around in the file and see if I can lift a bit more detail out of the shadows.
10-14-2017, 02:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Still getting a feel for my Pentax 67 kit, but had a nice day recently introducing it back to its natural habitat--in this case, a small trib of Little River in the Great Smoky Mountains NP. Otherwise, the 165/2.8 doesn't have quite the reputation as the later 165/4 as a "landscape" option, but I really like the "short tele" look and really don't seem to be missing much in the way of sharpness. It is a trip, though, to get up into the 20-second range with your exposures--fortunately, Acros isn't bedeviled with reciprocity failure issues like Delta 100, so it's pretty straightforward to use.

Great shot Jon. I really like the detail, texture, and also the composition. Got to make it back down to East TN! Your gear choice makes for a new definition for taking a hike in the mountains! Great results though.

10-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Got to make it back down to East TN!

Thanks, David! I was actually thinking of you and your wife Thursday--I was out crashing about Porter's Creek for the day. I'm not sure how far y'all went up the trail, but I'll eventually have one shot that might look familiar to you.

Otherwise, it had been a few years since I'd been in the 'brier--I'll have to warn you that the NPS has subtly made the trail up to BCS #31 quite a bit steeper in the interim.
07-24-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote

Three Mississippi...