Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Muslim Street of Xi'an, China. Vegetarians or Animal Rights People don't look !
Lens: Pentax DFA 28-105 Camera: PENTAX k-1 Photo Location: China 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 10-16-2017, 06:15 AM

Some of these images maybe offending to some people, but as a travel photographer I feel compelled to shoot what I see. Different cultures, different standards and morals and its not for me to judge.

There is in the city of Xi'an, China, (Pop. some 6m) a Muslim Quarter where one long street known as Muslim Street is very busy particularly late afternoon when people come to get street food. The most popular fare are charcoal grilled Lamb skewers. Whole carcasses are hung up on hooks and cut up for the preparation of these skewers and after a while clean cut bones can be seen hanging everywhere.

Most of you can readily shoot autumn leaves, sunsets, flowers and perhaps birds, and possibly only have an interest for pictures of that sort. Some of you may not be able to travel to places where I have the good fortune to get to, so I thought in the interest of variety I present you with these pictures particularly since I don't see a lot of that sort here.

Cheers

By the way, I admire greatly some PF members here who are able to shoot beautiful bird pics. I cant do those.
(A) I wouldn't know where to look, and
(B) I don't have the patience.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 12-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Views: 665
10-16-2017, 07:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's quite the technique for getting every scrap of usable meat off. I've never seen anything like that, leaving the skeleton articulated. Thanks for sharing, and the photos look great by the way!

Jim
10-17-2017, 02:04 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Jim
10-17-2017, 02:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing!