Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Absolutely No Idea What This is.
Lens: Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 L Camera: Olympus E-PL1 Photo Location: Backyard ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: Tonytee, 10-17-2017, 03:45 PM

Focal Length 42mm, Manual Exposure Mode, no flash and used Pattern Metering. This is my (Premature) Christmas present that I was not supposed to use until Dec., 25th.

Ha, ha, yeah right, no problem. At first I was a little miffed that there is no viewfinder. However, if one would like to have an EVF (made by Olympus) they just happened to have one that starts at approximately $250.00. I decided to hang on to it and get it to work the way I needed it to work. It does take some decent photos.

Thanks for viewing.

TT
Views: 166
10-21-2017, 12:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing! Hey, having an EVF option is always better than not Perhaps that could have helped save the Pentax Q.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
True, it is better to have as opposed to not having. The problem with the EVF is that in order for it to work, it has to be mounted onto the hot shoe. Meaning it cannot be used with an external flash unit. I suppose it may be possible to use the built-in pop up flash with EVF, although the built-in flash is not powerful.

Thanks, Adam.

TT