Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
Dimly Lit Kirks
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-19-2017, 02:45 PM

A truly awesome level of detail capture is possible with a K1.
Views: 1,539
10-19-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nicely done, "Scotty"
10-19-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow! Excellent detail!
10-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shot. It looks like it is only a small church (or maybe it is a side chapel). Where is it?

10-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Pray tell, what be a Kirk Matey?
10-19-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Lovely photograph of a kirk, or church as the Scots say. Very ornate.
10-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Nicely done, "Scotty"
Thank you.

10-20-2017, 05:25 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joip Quote
Wow! Excellent detail!
Thanks.
10-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Beautiful shot. It looks like it is only a small church (or maybe it is a side chapel). Where is it?
That’s the full wee church on one of the Greek Islands.
10-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Pray tell, what be a Kirk Matey?
I'll give you another clue... it's nothing to do with Captain Kirk or Captain slog.
10-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Thank you for your kind words.
10-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Aha Lesmore has given away the secret.

You build a really solid structure for a common cause, and over hundreds of years you decorate it. It's a great way to have generation after generation contribute to a shared wealth.

This side of the Atlantic, almost everything gets torn down. Very little is passed on generation to generation, and that kind of beauty is completely absent, except may in New England. There are few places you can go in North America that will give you that sort of lavishness, and what their are are for the most part privately owned. We don't believe in common ownership of lavish. We believe the rich deserve lavish, the poor can spend their entire existence in hovels.
10-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #13
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Aha Lesmore has given away the secret.
There's always one clipe.
10-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
There's always one clipe.

I know, I know...you mean clipe in a good way.

Back in the 1950's when I was a wee lad, before I went to school, I hung around with my grandfather an awful lot. He would generally be engaged in discussion with his contemporaries, other old British immigrants for the most part.

Let's see, the group was composed of two Scots (one a lowlander, the other a highlander) , an Englishman from Bristol, my grandfather himself, who had come from Northern Ireland and one older guy who had immigrated from Germany in the 1930's. Almost forgot there was also an old American, who had been a mechanic and was a lot of fun with his many stories of working in Detroit and Indianapolis, before he came to Canada.

It was a wonderful time, me...around 2 to about 5 years old, holding my grandfather's hand and listening to the conversations ...all from these older men speaking English, but all with different, heavy accents. I picked up a lot of Briticisms and the odd German and American phrase here and there.
10-21-2017, 06:48 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I know, I know...you mean clipe in a good way.

Back in the 1950's when I was a wee lad, before I went to school, I hung around with my grandfather an awful lot. He would generally be engaged in discussion with his contemporaries, other old British immigrants for the most part.

Let's see, the group was composed of two Scots (one a lowlander, the other a highlander) , an Englishman from Bristol, my grandfather himself, who had come from Northern Ireland and one older guy who had immigrated from Germany in the 1930's. Almost forgot there was also an old American, who had been a mechanic and was a lot of fun with his many stories of working in Detroit and Indianapolis, before he came to Canada.

It was a wonderful time, me...around 2 to about 5 years old, holding my grandfather's hand and listening to the conversations ...all from these older men speaking English, but all with different, heavy accents. I picked up a lot of Briticisms and the odd German and American phrase here and there.
That's one thing I never had access to growing up. Old guys sitting around telling stories.