Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Des Res (Desirable Residence) Signage
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-22-2017, 07:23 AM

I may have my work cut out, selling properties here, if this sign is anything to go by...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 631
10-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,411
I've always been of the opinion that a good picture triggers memories and this one does.

That 'otel' seems to be characterful....lots of patina....

Reminds me of a similar hotel I stayed at many decades ago. I was 20, driving across the Western Canadian prairies in my '69 VW Beetle (Deluxe model though ) and came into a small country town. It was late..around 11:45 pm during the winter.

I was exhausted, all the inns were closed it seemed. I saw a Mountie and asked him if he knew of a cheap hotel. He did , directed me to it. It was 4 dollars @ night, one bathroom per floor and down the hall. It looked like an old frontier hotel. The desk clerk asked me how long I intended to stay and asked for the four dollars, up front. He seemed surprised that I wanted to stay over night, apparently as most of their customers just seemed to stay just an hour or so.

Last edited by lesmore49; 10-22-2017 at 02:05 PM.
10-22-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 52,264
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
That 'otel' seems to be characterful....lots of patina....
Btw, I never found the building that goes with this sign.


QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Deluxe model though
Of course.

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
apparently as most of their customers just seemed to stay just an hour or so
Oh that sort of establishment was it...
05-07-2021, 07:04 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
henrikpedersen33's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,701
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I may have my work cut out, selling properties here, if this sign is anything to go by...
I suppose it's long ago that this hotel was in use ? Or ?

05-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
just_life_photograph's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 454
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I've always been of the opinion that a good picture triggers memories and this one does.

That 'otel' seems to be characterful....lots of patina....

Reminds me of a similar hotel I stayed at many decades ago. I was 20, driving across the Western Canadian prairies in my '69 VW Beetle (Deluxe model though ) and came into a small country town. It was late..around 11:45 pm during the winter.

I was exhausted, all the inns were closed it seemed. I saw a Mountie and asked him if he knew of a cheap hotel. He did , directed me to it. It was 4 dollars @ night, one bathroom per floor and down the hall. It looked like an old frontier hotel. The desk clerk asked me how long I intended to stay and asked for the four dollars, up front. He seemed surprised that I wanted to stay over night, apparently as most of their customers just seemed to stay just an hour or so.
yikes - what a story!

---------- Post added 05-07-21 at 07:44 AM ----------

great photo

---------- Post added 05-07-21 at 07:44 AM ----------

great photo
05-08-2021, 01:13 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 52,264
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by henrikpedersen33 Quote
I suppose it's long ago that this hotel was in use ? Or ?
It was being sold as an ongoing business...
05-08-2021, 01:13 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 52,264
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by just_life_photograph Quote
great photo
Thank you very much.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, des res, dollars, hotel, night, photo, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Architecture Des Res IV (Desirable Residence in Estate Agent/Realtor speak) Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 8 07-23-2018 01:59 PM
Architecture Des Res II (Desirable Residence in Estate Agent/Realtor speak) Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 17 06-28-2018 12:11 PM
Architecture Des Res (Desirable Residence) Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 4 06-18-2018 12:46 PM
Architecture Des Res (Desirable Residence in Estate Agent/Realtor speak) Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 10 10-16-2016 08:20 AM
Architecture Des Res III (Desirable Residence in Estate Agent/Realtor speak) Kerrowdown Post Your Photos! 11 10-16-2016 04:08 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top