Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough,” Robert Capa
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-24-2017, 04:46 AM

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 10-24-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Views: 2,613
07-07-2018, 01:01 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
Love those wrinkles (in the jacket). And the line of shops extending off into the distance. The woman on the right seems skeptical of something. Is she looking at her reflection in a shop window? Lots of fun stuff here. Especially the imposing figure IN the jacket. Good sniping. Well done. Thanks.
It was woman by the window I was watching... when this happened.

07-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
"If your pictures aren't good enough, just buy zoom,” Chetverovod
Or better pair of sneakers.
07-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Nice shot. I also know the words of Robert Capa. I think the capture is not so far away from belonging to the category "Not Work-Safe"...ha....ha..
07-07-2018, 01:22 AM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Nice shot. I also know the words of Robert Capa. I think the capture is not so far away from belonging to the category "Not Work-Safe"...ha....ha..
She was oot and aboot photobombing poor folk like me trying to scratch a living.

07-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
"If your pictures aren't good enough, just buy zoom,” Chetverovod
If you're zooming in, then you are farther away. The brain comprehends the difference in perspective {it looks "flatter"} and sees less intimacy. If Kerrowdown had taken the same picture from across the street using a 55-300, our brains would shout "voyageur" at us, The great "street photographers" used mildly wide angle lenses {say 35mm} to provide that intimacy.
07-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photobombers need to beware of any lurking Kerrowdowns.
07-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

NSF_: Less adiposis edematosa please. Otherwise interesting street capture.

07-07-2018, 06:43 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Kerrowdown,
If you ever com to Australia, please don't do this. You will get arrested.

Moment Asian pervert is caught filming up girls' skirts in Sydney | Daily Mail Online
07-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Wasn’t even lurking, just sitting drinking coffee.
07-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
Kerrowdown,
If you ever com to Australia, please don't do this. You will get arrested.
That guy was sitting in the same spot every day for the photo angle.
This guy was taking a different photo and she stepped into his shot.
07-07-2018, 06:57 AM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If you're zooming in, then you are farther away. The brain comprehends the difference in perspective {it looks "flatter"} and sees less intimacy. If Kerrowdown had taken the same picture from across the street using a 55-300, our brains would shout "voyageur" at us, The great "street photographers" used mildly wide angle lenses {say 35mm} to provide that intimacy.
There was nothing pre planned here, just happened before me.
07-07-2018, 07:07 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
That guy was sitting in the same spot every day for the photo angle.This guy was taking a different photo and she stepped into his shot.
True, but I still would not risk it in today's climat of “me too”.
I can just see, someone watches you taking a pic and alerts the woman. Nothing may come of it but then again it could. I use discretion and stay away from it.

My fishnet stocking shot is as far as I am prepared to go.

Cheers
07-07-2018, 07:36 AM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
True, but I still would not risk it in today's climat of “me too”.
I can just see, someone watches you taking a pic and alerts the woman. Nothing may come of it but then again it could. I use discretion and stay away from it.

My fishnet stocking shot is as far as I am prepared to go.

Cheers

I'm probably a lot more intellectually permissive while being practically cautious. But, if in in an instance someone complained about me taking an image, I'd be happy to call the police i and have them sort it out. Some folks haven't really come to terms with the difference between public space and private space. They need to be educated. Ignorant people who think they are defending their dignity by accosting me are guilty of harrasment. They have the right to dress how they want in public as long as its within the law, and I have the right to take photographs in public. If they are dressed inappropriately and I take a photo, realisitcly, they should be prosecuted for indecent exposure before I can be prosecuted for taking an image. If they aren't indecent, neither can my image of them be.

The only exception would be people who purposely position themselves to take images from viewpoints that normally would not be viewable in the normal use of a public space.

I once saw a frumpy housewife in a MacDonalds dress down a young teen for wearing a bikini in for a big Mac. In my mind the woman was guilty of harassment. What she did was offensive. The poor girl was just a girl in a bikini on her way to the beach. No one but this woman batted an eye. I would like to see way more charges laid against puritans trying to impose their morality on everyone else. For some reason, even though there are laws against indecent exposure, there are no laws against excess prudishness gone wild. One is as bad as the other.

Last edited by normhead; 07-07-2018 at 10:00 AM.
07-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Maybe vice versa, someday we'll see a photo that will show the lurking Kerrodown)

---------- Post added 07-07-18 at 07:19 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Or better pair of sneakers.

There is an old song about sneakers. In which it is sung that in sneakers it is easy to fly, if to add the helicopter to them.

Last edited by Chetverovod; 07-07-2018 at 09:26 AM.
07-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Less adiposis edematosa please
According to Medical News Today; "Between 80 and 90 percent of women will probably experience cellulite." If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't waste any time waiting for someone without flaws and I would enjoy myself a lot more.

---------- Post added 07-07-18 at 10:36 AM ----------

Some folks haven't really come to terms with the difference between public space and private space.
Ironically, there has never been a time when we have had so little privacy. At least when interacting with people in the flesh, you have some control over what gets exposed and who is exposed to it. The real problem is that everyone is so desperate for attention from strangers, they do things they should be ashamed of, like publicly berating some poor soul in a Macdonald's.