Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough,” Robert Capa
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 10-24-2017, 04:46 AM

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 10-24-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Views: 2,091
07-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
According to Medical News Today; "Between 80 and 90 percent of women will probably experience cellulite." If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't waste any time waiting for someone without flaws and I would enjoy myself a lot more.
Everyone has one ‘flaw’ or another, but 80 to 90% of women old enough to have cellulite on their thighs don’t wear dresses short enough to nearly expose the rest of their cellulite.

07-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #32
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
"street photographers"
Think from memory this was my "go to" lens for street work... my "Street Lady" (Pentax-A 28mm F2.8).

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-08-2018 at 12:05 AM.
07-07-2018, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
adiposis edematosa
I had to go Google that...
07-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #34
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote
If you ever come to Australia, please don't do this. You will get arrested.
Whilst I realise that each country has it's own Dress Code and Public Decency laws, also it's Public Privacy Laws and the individual expectations of privacy whilst in public... but this image contravenes none of those.

For the country concerned, the individual dressed in this manner clearly was observing both Dress Code and Public Decency laws, otherwise the would have been arrested themselves, as they were clearly dressed in this manner for longer that the split second that I photographed them for.

Again for the country concerned, there are no expectations of privacy in a public place.

But thank you for the heads up, I will look into these aspects, next time I'm coming "down under"

07-07-2018, 01:00 PM   #35
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chetverovod Quote
Maybe vice versa, someday we'll see a photo that will show the lurking Kerrowdown
I'm here so you can give me a wave if out paths ever cross, please make yourself known, would be great to meet a fellow forum member.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 07-07-2018 at 01:10 PM.
07-08-2018, 12:46 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
if in in an instance someone complained about me taking an image, I'd be happy to call the police i and have them sort it out.
Hi Norm
I agree with a lot with what you are saying, not everything, but a lot.
One's opinion, believes and standards, among other things, depend very much on your upbringing and cultural roots which are country dependent.

I travel the world and observe this a lot. Many things I do in my country I would not dare doing in another country and in many cases could even land me in prison. Consequently I have become super conscious about what I can and cannot do and this has become very much a part of me even in my own country.

Having said this I am also very much aware that we live in different times and things have changed dramatically. A lot of what people do these days is recorded and played back on social media. This encourages extremism. Social values change, often not for the better. Nutters, social misfits, extremists and even plain old fools or idiots have a voice and no matter how way out some people are there are always followers.

You say:
“someone complained about me taking an image, I'd be happy to call the police i and have them sort it out.”
Perhaps not always the best way to go about it, as the cops are often as crewed up as the complainant. And you know, right or wrong, the man in uniform calls the shots. (Calling the shots perhaps is not the best terminology if you live in the U.S.A.)

For a bit of light entertainment I append the following:

1) Brian and Gregory get into a fistfight after school.
1970 – A crowd develops and watches. Brian wins. Brian and Gregory shake hands after the punch-up and end up best mates.

2018 – Police are called, Armed Response Unit arrives at the scene and arrests both trouble makers. Cell Phones with videos of the fight are confiscated as evidence. Both boys are charged with assault, ASBOs (Anti-Social Behaviour Order) is taken out against them and both are suspended from school even though Brian started it. Conferences and parent meetings conducted. Video goes viral and is shown on social media pretty well on all internet sites. Both boys are traumatised and marked for live.

2) 1970 – Malcolm is disruptive and a nuisance in class.
Malcolm is sent to the principal’s office and given 6 of the best. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again. He is doing well, goes to Uni and is now a leading heart surgeon.

2018 – Malcolm is Counselled and tested for ADD and consequently given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. Malcolm now has a disability and drops out of school. He is now homeless and has frequent run-ins with the law.

3) 1970 - Fred scrapes off heads from 40 boxes of matches, puts the accumulated heads in a bottle, adds a fuse he made himself, lights it and blows up an anthill. Many ants die. His father gives him the slipper, he has learned his lesson and doesn't do it again.

2018 – CIA and police arrive and Fred is arrested and charged with an act of terrorism. CIA investigate parents and Fred. When they found out Fred's father had given him the slipper father is arrested for child abuse. After considering all the evidence siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Fred goes on the dreaded terror watch list and from now on is never allowed to fly again.

Cheers