Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photoshoot - Yvonne ( New Photos!! )
Posted By: paulsoucy, 08-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Did a photoshoot with a very cute girl yesterday afternoon who happens to be quite a photographer herself. We spent like 3 or 4 hours looking over her portfolio of black & white art she shot, and developed herself with film!! I was like: wow!!!!

The idea was to go over to her place, she had a studio set up but would know it the K10d has no PC PORT DAMNIT!!!!!!!! Canon's 20d had it 3 models ago... and I had no hotshoe adapter available to me so I could not use her studio lights so I had to make use of natural light..

Anyway, thought I'd share this image, I'll post more later as I get through to processing them and touching them up.....

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome....

This particular photo my Tamron backfocused unfortunately but I did not feel it was a throw away well because I saw this look in my head and did whatever I could to save it with the touchups I made...

We had a great time, she was really comfortable with me, and i feel I got the kind of photo I envisioned for her in my head...

Last edited by paulsoucy; 08-26-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Views: 4,057
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That is magazine quality shot. Or like for any facial cream commercial photograph. Really well done and I love the foreground blurr of the grass complimenting her relaxed skin and beautiful eyes.
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
remember before you go over to her place again to buy a cheapo hotshoe-to-pc port adapter - $10 from Adorama, then you can use all her studio lights.

But I dig the shot, OOF and all. I think the saturation and the rendering of the grass in the foreground makes it work... everything is soft, so it doesn't detract from the image at all, imho.

^^ James beat me to it with the comment about the grass.
08-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I like it too even though it is a bit soft. very nice work from both photog and model

08-25-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice. While good focus would have been great, the OOF gives it a nice dreamy feel.
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Such a shame about the back focus. I wonder if you could slightly blur the focused bits to give it the same feel as the rest. All in all though... I nice pose and good use of natural light.
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Creamy & Dreamy. I love it. The girl's pose is very strong, there is a subtle defiance / not playing sort of feel with her.

I do wonder about the views regarding perfect focus. As a general thought I would like to question our trend to seek technical perfection in "recording" the images around us. The new era of equipment has provided us with the means to "record" scenes and subjects with razor sharp clarity, to pixel peep where no man has gone before. But with all the new equipments ability and wonder, it is nothing more than a really decent "recording" device. They have not invented the magic Creation / Inspiration / Imagination button yet. The beauty, the magic of photography, is the gift of viewing other peoples work and getting to see the world they see. We can all see and take the recording, but we can not all see the endless possibilities. It is really about painting with light - lets get a little crazy and flow outside the conventional lines.

08-25-2008, 07:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nicely soften even if the lenses was at fault

cheers
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

well said, spyglass.
08-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Love the pose , expression agree magazine quality there - great shot.
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Ditto here with the pose! Awesome and creative.
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
Damn Brit

She has beautiful eyes and you have captured them very well Paul.
08-26-2008, 03:37 AM   #13

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for the compliments, here is another one I just finished processing....

I arrived at her house I guess a little to fast so she had to jump in and out of the shower which meant her hair was wet most of the first half of everything we did...

but I really love this natural light photo of her, it's one of her favorites as well because it sort of looks like her and does not look like her both at the same time...

As I get to them ( busy with work ) I'll keep posting them...

let me know what you think....

08-26-2008, 03:53 AM   #14

Original Poster
Another.....
08-26-2008, 04:03 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Wow. The shot in the grass is just hypnotic. It's really hard to stop staring at. That's one of the most compelling shots I've seen in a while.