Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Orange and Wrinkled
Lens: Vivitar 80-200mm F:4 Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Dewman, 10-26-2017, 08:26 PM

I have no idea what it was, but I liked the texture, colors and the bokeh.

Last edited by Dewman; 01-10-2018 at 08:43 PM.
Views: 293
10-27-2017, 01:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a very good photographer's/artist's shot, you are quite right about the texture colours and bokeh and I like it very much and it greatly appeals to me but I know if my wife, who has no interest in photography, saw it she would not be in the least impressed and ask why would anyone take a picture of a dead plant. I think its quite beautiful, very well done.
10-27-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot. Not sure but might have been a poppy.
10-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
This is a very good photographer's/artist's shot, you are quite right about the texture colours and bokeh and I like it very much and it greatly appeals to me but I know if my wife, who has no interest in photography, saw it she would not be in the least impressed and ask why would anyone take a picture of a dead plant. I think its quite beautiful, very well done.

Penpusher, I get that a lot from those who aren't photographers.... "Why are you taking photos of THAT?" Sometimes, it's difficult to explain to them, and most of the time I just shrug my shoulders and say, "I find it interesting," and let it go at that. I'll admit, not all of my shots turn out to be what I THOUGHT I saw.... and once in a great while, they'll be far more. Some images have a very personal meaning that is impossible to explain.

In this shot, I decided to use the long, slender stem as a leading line to the only thing that was of any real interest. The bokeh was an added bonus that wasn't apparent when I was shooting.

10-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote

The bokeh was an added bonus that wasn't apparent when I was shooting.
I am usually looking at the subject myself and the background can sometimes be a surprise, not always welcome.

I suppose the things which please us are because "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
10-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautifully done. A similar question was posed to Sir Edmund Hillary just before beginning his climbing Mt. Everest. Why do you want to climb that mountain? His reply; Because it's there.

Simple. I want to add that the Vivitar lens seems to work very well with the k-50. I am impressed.

TT