Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
The end of the track
Lens: HD-DA 16-85mm Camera: Pentax K30 Photo Location: Poland 
Posted By: Janse, 10-27-2017, 06:11 PM

At the end is the gas chamber. Shot at my visit to Birkenau this autumn.

Last edited by Janse; 12-24-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Views: 384
10-27-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,310
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
At the end is the gas chamber. Shot at my visit to Birkenau this autumn.
That certainly would be the end of the line..........
10-28-2017, 01:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 684
I've been looking and looking at this photo and thinking about the millions who made this final journey both here and all the other terrible places and the graveyards full of young soldiers who died to put a stop to it and then there are the countless civilians who died in the crossfire, I think it sums the awfulness up very well.
10-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,737
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That certainly would be the end of the line..........
Thank you for commenting.

---------- Post added 10-28-17 at 06:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I've been looking and looking at this photo and thinking about the millions who made this final journey both here and all the other terrible places and the graveyards full of young soldiers who died to put a stop to it and then there are the countless civilians who died in the crossfire, I think it sums the awfulness up very well.
Thank you.

10-28-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,796
A sobering photo but well-executed. The people walking alongside the tracks (tourists I assume) add to the story IMO.
10-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,737
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
That certainly would be the end of the line..........
Thank you for commenting my shot.

---------- Post added 10-28-17 at 12:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I've been looking and looking at this photo and thinking about the millions who made this final journey both here and all the other terrible places and the graveyards full of young soldiers who died to put a stop to it and then there are the countless civilians who died in the crossfire, I think it sums the awfulness up very well.
Thank you. To have seen the place with own eyes is a strong experience.

---------- Post added 10-28-17 at 12:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
A sobering photo but well-executed. The people walking alongside the tracks (tourists I assume) add to the story IMO.
Thank you for commenting Susan.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo, pm, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel The end of the track Janse Post Your Photos! 0 09-26-2017 01:30 PM
KEH - don't track shutter count? madison_wi_gal Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 03-15-2017 05:37 PM
Landscape The Border Track, South Australia Grippy Post Your Photos! 7 04-29-2016 05:52 PM
Sports Super Prestigio Dirt Track 2015 red5isalive Post Your Photos! 4 04-11-2016 07:03 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top