Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
9 Likes  #1
How about a few Tennessee Waterfalls?
Lens: (various) Camera: K 5 II S Photo Location: East Tennessee 
Posted By: mole, 10-29-2017, 05:06 PM

Have not had a chance to stop by for almost a year (life, work, etc.) Will not bore you by posting ALL the photos from this past year, but will try posting several. How about a few East Tennessee waterfalls?

Here's Kiner Creek Falls, a small falls on a little creek a bit off trail at Laurel Run park:

Sill Branch Falls is in the Clark's Creek region of Cherokee National Forest:

Here's one of the best-known waterfalls in Northeast Tennessee, Laurel Fork Falls. It's right along the Appalachian Trail in Carter County:

The Cumberland Plateau is home to many fine waterfalls. Ozone Falls is in a State Natural Area - very close to Interstate 40. I wonder how many thousands pass every day, not even knowing how close they are to this gem:

Frozen Head State Park is full of small waterfalls, and rich in plant diversity as well, like this Great White Trillium:

Hampton Creek is a State Natural Area which protects some rare bird breeding habitats. It's also rich with "mini-falls" and green life:

There was ONCE a 50 foot high waterfall on this creek, which is why it's called Fall Creek. But the waterfall is now under a man-made lake!

Hope you enjoyed the watery stroll, and that your feet did not get as wet as mine did! Thanks for any comments & critique!
Views: 1,990
10-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
SJM
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not a bad one in the bunch. Very nice series. thanks for sharing.
10-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SJM Quote
Not a bad one in the bunch. Very nice series. thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your kind words, and for taking time to comment!
10-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Very nice pics. My favorite is the second to last.

10-29-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Very nice pics. My favorite is the second to last.
Thanks - that's one of my favorites as well! You should come see it for yourself sometime - Hampton Creek Cove is far more beautiful "in person" than in any of my little photos!
10-29-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great photographs. We tried to see the Ozone Falls on a pit stop, but the hike down to the bottom was not possible at the time. Great to see the photograph of it. I have been to the Laurel Fork Falls, many years ago... Great to have you back! You have such knowledge of the area and the photographs you share are always amazing. Thank you! I love the Trillium, too.
10-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Mole! Very glad to have you back...I was thinking of you a couple of weeks ago while I was poking around in the 'brier.(Managed to slip up Porter's Creek for lunch at #31, but the main objective of the trip was getting a couple of bushels of Pippins to run through the dehydrator.) At any rate, the trillium shot remains a favorite--those "small landscapes" really set your work apart.

10-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a treat for us. I really like the movement in the second one but all are excellent.
10-30-2017, 05:57 AM   #9

Very Nice..I really love this part of the country for this reason
Such great subject matter right out our front doors
Beautiful Shots.....
10-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Another wonderful series Mole. I appreciate your doing all the hiking for me too. I especially love Hampton Creek and Frozen Head.
10-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Well Mole...you certainly haven't lost your fine touch for outdoors photography of your very visually appealing state of Tennessee. All excellent.

I particularly like your first photograph and the trillium flower photo. The flower shot is exceptional in my humble opinion.
10-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

A beautiful series, Mole. But, we'd expect nothing less from you!
10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They are all gems! You have al really wonderful workplace.
10-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Great photographs. We tried to see the Ozone Falls on a pit stop, but the hike down to the bottom was not possible at the time. Great to see the photograph of it. I have been to the Laurel Fork Falls, many years ago... Great to have you back! You have such knowledge of the area and the photographs you share are always amazing. Thank you! I love the Trillium, too.
Sorry you missed Ozone Falls - was it a time of very high water or was it icy? Hope you can come back and see it for yourself sometime...

QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Mole! Very glad to have you back...I was thinking of you a couple of weeks ago while I was poking around in the 'brier.(Managed to slip up Porter's Creek for lunch at #31, but the main objective of the trip was getting a couple of bushels of Pippins to run through the dehydrator.) At any rate, the trillium shot remains a favorite--those "small landscapes" really set your work apart.
Thanks! Glad to be back for a bit. Hope your dried apples came out well. Yes, I do enjoy looking for little landscapes...

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ed Quote
What a treat for us. I really like the movement in the second one but all are excellent.
Thanks so much. Second one (Sill Branch Falls) is an easy hike off of Clark's Creek. You should come check it out someday.

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSteele Quote
Very Nice..I really love this part of the country for this reason
Such great subject matter right out our front doors
Beautiful Shots.....
Indeed a beautiful place to live - are you a fellow Tennessean?

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Another wonderful series Mole. I appreciate your doing all the hiking for me too. I especially love Hampton Creek and Frozen Head.
Glad you enjoyed hiking the "easy way," but these few snapshots can't touch the beauty of the reality. You'll have to come visit!

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Well Mole...you certainly haven't lost your fine touch for outdoors photography of your very visually appealing state of Tennessee. All excellent.

I particularly like your first photograph and the trillium flower photo. The flower shot is exceptional in my humble opinion.
Thanks so much!

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
A beautiful series, Mole. But, we'd expect nothing less from you!
You are too kind!

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
They are all gems! You have al really wonderful workplace.
I am definitely blessed!
10-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #15

Yes I live in Gatlinburg Tn right next to the National Park