Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
9 Likes  #1
How about a few Tennessee Waterfalls?
Lens: (various) Camera: K 5 II S Photo Location: East Tennessee 
Posted By: mole, 10-29-2017, 05:06 PM

Have not had a chance to stop by for almost a year (life, work, etc.) Will not bore you by posting ALL the photos from this past year, but will try posting several. How about a few East Tennessee waterfalls?

Here's Kiner Creek Falls, a small falls on a little creek a bit off trail at Laurel Run park:




Sill Branch Falls is in the Clark's Creek region of Cherokee National Forest:




Here's one of the best-known waterfalls in Northeast Tennessee, Laurel Fork Falls. It's right along the Appalachian Trail in Carter County:




The Cumberland Plateau is home to many fine waterfalls. Ozone Falls is in a State Natural Area - very close to Interstate 40. I wonder how many thousands pass every day, not even knowing how close they are to this gem:




Frozen Head State Park is full of small waterfalls, and rich in plant diversity as well, like this Great White Trillium:




Hampton Creek is a State Natural Area which protects some rare bird breeding habitats. It's also rich with "mini-falls" and green life:




There was ONCE a 50 foot high waterfall on this creek, which is why it's called Fall Creek. But the waterfall is now under a man-made lake!




Hope you enjoyed the watery stroll, and that your feet did not get as wet as mine did! Thanks for any comments & critique!
Views: 952
10-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #2
SJM
Pentaxian
SJM's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,359
Not a bad one in the bunch. Very nice series. thanks for sharing.
10-29-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member
mole's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,432
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SJM Quote
Not a bad one in the bunch. Very nice series. thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your kind words, and for taking time to comment!
10-29-2017, 05:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berea, Ohio
Posts: 396
Very nice pics. My favorite is the second to last.

10-29-2017, 05:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member
mole's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,432
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Very nice pics. My favorite is the second to last.
Thanks - that's one of my favorites as well! You should come see it for yourself sometime - Hampton Creek Cove is far more beautiful "in person" than in any of my little photos!
10-29-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Jacquot's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,410
Great photographs. We tried to see the Ozone Falls on a pit stop, but the hike down to the bottom was not possible at the time. Great to see the photograph of it. I have been to the Laurel Fork Falls, many years ago... Great to have you back! You have such knowledge of the area and the photographs you share are always amazing. Thank you! I love the Trillium, too.
10-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #7
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,409
Mole! Very glad to have you back...I was thinking of you a couple of weeks ago while I was poking around in the 'brier.(Managed to slip up Porter's Creek for lunch at #31, but the main objective of the trip was getting a couple of bushels of Pippins to run through the dehydrator.) At any rate, the trillium shot remains a favorite--those "small landscapes" really set your work apart.
10-29-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 294
What a treat for us. I really like the movement in the second one but all are excellent.

10-30-2017, 05:57 AM   #9
Senior Member
MJSteele's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 192
Very Nice..I really love this part of the country for this reason
Such great subject matter right out our front doors
Beautiful Shots.....
10-30-2017, 07:26 AM   #10
Pentaxian
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 17,885
Another wonderful series Mole. I appreciate your doing all the hiking for me too. I especially love Hampton Creek and Frozen Head.
10-30-2017, 11:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 5,396
Well Mole...you certainly haven't lost your fine touch for outdoors photography of your very visually appealing state of Tennessee. All excellent.

I particularly like your first photograph and the trillium flower photo. The flower shot is exceptional in my humble opinion.
10-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,647
A beautiful series, Mole. But, we'd expect nothing less from you!
10-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Fries's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gauw
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,179
They are all gems! You have al really wonderful workplace.
10-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #14
Veteran Member
mole's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tennessee
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,432
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
Great photographs. We tried to see the Ozone Falls on a pit stop, but the hike down to the bottom was not possible at the time. Great to see the photograph of it. I have been to the Laurel Fork Falls, many years ago... Great to have you back! You have such knowledge of the area and the photographs you share are always amazing. Thank you! I love the Trillium, too.
Sorry you missed Ozone Falls - was it a time of very high water or was it icy? Hope you can come back and see it for yourself sometime...


QuoteOriginally posted by CreationBear Quote
Mole! Very glad to have you back...I was thinking of you a couple of weeks ago while I was poking around in the 'brier.(Managed to slip up Porter's Creek for lunch at #31, but the main objective of the trip was getting a couple of bushels of Pippins to run through the dehydrator.) At any rate, the trillium shot remains a favorite--those "small landscapes" really set your work apart.
Thanks! Glad to be back for a bit. Hope your dried apples came out well. Yes, I do enjoy looking for little landscapes...


QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. Ed Quote
What a treat for us. I really like the movement in the second one but all are excellent.
Thanks so much. Second one (Sill Branch Falls) is an easy hike off of Clark's Creek. You should come check it out someday.

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSteele Quote
Very Nice..I really love this part of the country for this reason
Such great subject matter right out our front doors
Beautiful Shots.....
Indeed a beautiful place to live - are you a fellow Tennessean?

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Another wonderful series Mole. I appreciate your doing all the hiking for me too. I especially love Hampton Creek and Frozen Head.
Glad you enjoyed hiking the "easy way," but these few snapshots can't touch the beauty of the reality. You'll have to come visit!


QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Well Mole...you certainly haven't lost your fine touch for outdoors photography of your very visually appealing state of Tennessee. All excellent.

I particularly like your first photograph and the trillium flower photo. The flower shot is exceptional in my humble opinion.
Thanks so much!


QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
A beautiful series, Mole. But, we'd expect nothing less from you!
You are too kind!


QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
They are all gems! You have al really wonderful workplace.
I am definitely blessed!
10-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #15
Senior Member
MJSteele's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 192
Yes I live in Gatlinburg Tn right next to the National Park
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, creek, laurel, life, park, photo, tennessee, trail, waterfall, waterfalls
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Tennessee! Takumar105 Welcomes and Introductions 2 03-12-2017 03:09 AM
Pets A Few From the Farm, Tennessee Walking Horses chibae Post Your Photos! 11 05-14-2016 07:34 AM
Landscape East Tennessee autumn scenes mole Post Your Photos! 7 11-22-2015 06:47 PM
Landscape A Few Cumberland Plateau Waterfalls mole Post Your Photos! 10 03-04-2012 06:24 PM
Nature A few East Tennessee birds & friends mole Post Your Photos! 4 11-15-2011 05:10 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top