Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
24H of Barcelona 2017 (Cars)
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm F4 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Circuit de Catalunya 
Posted By: red5isalive, 11-08-2017, 02:56 PM

One more year, and for the 3rd consecutive time this year luckily, I was able to get an accreditation to go take pictures at the 24 Hores de Barcelona 2017,

And once again I would like to share some pictures with you,

As a 24 Hours race it has lots of pictures to get done, lots of images, faces, moments, etc.... myself I just slept a couple of hours that night as I wanted to go sleep late night and wake up early morning to get the sunshine light,

So I start with the pre- starting grid photos, and I like this one quite a lot,

The Red Ginetta is actually the Team that ended up winning, a Team no-one expected to win but that also set the Pole Position on Saturday!

Some wheels on the air

As you can see cars started to suffer damage from the early stages of the race

The Red Camels Team usually every year go flat out, and this time was no different

As you can see many Seat Leon raced in that event,

They day went by and the sunset appeared, and the light was suuuperb

This was the Team that was supposed to win the race, with Francesc Gutiérrez (experienced driver) and Laia Sanz (former Dakar Rally Racer on Bikes and Ladies winner for the 4 last years)

But they suffered an accident at night when their car runned out of brakes.

You see? There were many Seat Leon cars. Even if trolling at the background of the picture

Laia (Sanz) arrived that same night after competing at the 6 days of Enduro race and got the wheel of the car as her first Stint

I like this photo because of the moment reflected on it, Francesc Gutierrez exits the car a bit exhausted and Laia Sanz replacing him tries to help him out,

Then after this I went home to sleep. And came back at 7am to get the sunshine,
What i didn't knew is that this last car I have shown you photos and the guy on the previous photo got a heavy crash at around 3am, luckily the driver got contusions but nothing else, anyways he wasn't able to drive again in the race.

Here you have Laia Sanz again driving, and you can see how the car looked like after mechanics have been working on the car for hours after the crash

And the duck tape, wich is a classic in every racetrack. But specially on this kind of events,

Since then on, it was just a matter of finishing the race,

Check the windscreen on the Audi, most of the cars had them in the same way,

You can see how the broken car looked like at the end of the race. And yes, I was looking for the helmet reflection on the mirror of the car specifically in this picture

Winners!

Hope you like them!
Views: 639
11-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great series, love endurance racing and grid girls. Hope you can post some shots taken at night, something about the glow of break rotors that makes for good shots.
11-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Kilo!
Not this time, i think i did not even took any even on Friday.

Will check it out but this year I wasn't looking for this, anyways you can find this kind of pictures on my 2016 post from that same event.