Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
Hot Pepper
Lens: DFA100mm Camera: k5iis Photo Location: A smoky living room ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/2s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: BrianR, 11-10-2017, 07:12 AM

One of the hot peppers we grew this year, a Trinidad moruga scorpion. I've already dried nearly a kilogram's worth, yielding just over a 100 g of dried powder, so I have enough to incapacitate myself several thousand times over and I could spare a few to some fire experiments.

This is a blend of 2 exposures, one for the fire and one for the flashes to light the pepper and background. It was just easier that way, increasing the exposure time started to make the flames too much of a blob and the flashes didn't go down low enough to work with the ambient (I didn't have enough ND filters on hand to help them along). A wire support holding the pepper from below was also cloned out.

Views: 816
11-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow. That is an amazing image!...extremely imaginative. Very very well done.
11-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Knock Quote
Wow.
I could not have put it any better Shane. This is a wonderful image Brian. Quirky, imaginative, and technically excellent. Very well done buddy.
11-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Knock Quote
Wow. That is an amazing image!...extremely imaginative. Very very well done.
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
I could not have put it any better Shane. This is a wonderful image Brian. Quirky, imaginative, and technically excellent. Very well done buddy.
Kinds words, thanks you both!

08-02-2018, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote
One of the hot peppers we grew this year, a Trinidad moruga scorpion. I've already dried nearly a kilogram's worth, yielding just over a 100 g of dried powder, so I have enough to incapacitate myself several thousand times over and I could spare a few to some fire experiments.

This is a blend of 2 exposures, one for the fire and one for the flashes to light the pepper and background. It was just easier that way, increasing the exposure time started to make the flames too much of a blob and the flashes didn't go down low enough to work with the ambient (I didn't have enough ND filters on hand to help them along). A wire support holding the pepper from below was also cloned out.

Hot indeed! I really enjoy this.
08-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Hot indeed! I really enjoy this.
Thank you! I'm still enjoying it, the dried powder these peppers made goes a looooong way.
11-28-2021, 11:18 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BrianR Quote

That hot pepper sure looks hot, indeed !

12-30-2021, 04:02 PM   #8
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very clever and creative. I started a small vegetable garden this yea and while I didn't grow any peppers, they are on my list for next year as something new to try. But not hot peppers - I'd have no local customers if I spiced food that way.
12-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great creative effect. That pepper is burning hot. Very innovative.