Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Trouble comes in many "forums"
Posted By: spyglass, 08-26-2008, 10:50 PM

This was a beer holder that my Mom gave me a few hundred years ago. I wonder if she was trying to drive a message home (beer + loose women = big headache)
Views: 1,332
08-27-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Damn Brit

She is hot.
08-27-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A beer holder? Pardon me, but I really don't get it. Is a beer bottle/can triangular in shape? I'm pretty confident it can stay upright when I place it on a table.
08-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
A beer holder? Pardon me, but I really don't get it. Is a beer bottle/can triangular in shape? I'm pretty confident it can stay upright when I place it on a table.
If there is one thing that Canada works diligently on... it is beer and everything to do with beer. I agree that the beer can can stand up on its own, but how do you get the golden nectar up to your lips. If you grab hold of the can your fingers get wet and cold, but worse yet, the beer may become warm from your hand. You need a custom handle to hold your beer and prevent any problems. If you are going to have a beer handle it really should be one that feels good in your hand. This one has a great thumb grip -

08-27-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spyglass Quote
If there is one thing that Canada works diligently on... it is beer and everything to do with beer. I agree that the beer can can stand up on its own, but how do you get the golden nectar up to your lips. If you grab hold of the can your fingers get wet and cold, but worse yet, the beer may become warm from your hand. You need a custom handle to hold your beer and prevent any problems. If you are going to have a beer handle it really should be one that feels good in your hand. This one has a great thumb grip -

In search of solutions to problems nobody has ever had... But does it come with a vertical grip?
08-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Igilligan

Now where I come from...

We just use the Handcuffs as beer holders. One on the wrist and one on the can... That way when you start gettin' a bit buzzed you can't sit a half a beer down somewhere and forget where you left it....
We call those who do that "half-beer Charlies" And it is punishable by public flogging... waistin' beer like that!

We are serious bout our beer too....
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
We just use the Handcuffs as beer holders. One on the wrist and one on the can... That way when you start gettin' a bit buzzed you can't sit a half a beer down somewhere and forget where you left it....
We call those who do that "half-beer Charlies" And it is punishable by public flogging... waistin' beer like that!

We are serious bout our beer too....
I remember this one guy that used to hang around the crowd I ran with. He was what you called a "half-beer Charlie". We called him "Backwash" because he always used the excuse that the remaining beer in his bottle or can was just backwash (yeah right 1/3 of a bottle?!?) - and yes we did flog him. (along with shaving one of his eyebrows off, and putting his new name on his forehead in black felt marker). Wasting beer is a sin, and idle youthful minds can be a very dangerous thing - especially super charged on beer.

08-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
In search of solutions to problems nobody has ever had... But does it come with a vertical grip?
In search of problems that nobody has ever had ?!?!? Have you ever drank beer before - LOL The Western world is all about inventing things for each and every possible need. (they we will invent things for all the solutions).

This reminds me of a story I once heard. The US government / NASA spends thousands & thousands of dollars inventing a ball point pen that will work in outer space. The Russians use a pencil. (now just before you raise your eyebrow and start patting the simple, straight forward, common sense of the Russians on the proverbial back) The difference between the two approaches is that the Americans are able to turn around and sell a ball point pen, that nobody needs, that will cost a small fortune, that can function in outer space. They probably made 10x more money than they invested in development. The sheer pioneering and marketing ability of the US is something to behold. Canada probably invented the wood for the Russian pencil, but never got around to the center lead feature - too busy making beer accessories.
08-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An interesting beer holder. The one I own looks suspiciously like my right hand and is - in fact - connected to my right arm.

Jer
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

In search of problems that nobody has ever had ?!?!? Have you ever drank beer before - LOL
Nothing beats Heineken and a couple of local brands.

You weren't even a country back then, mista'!
08-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Nothing beats Heineken and a couple of local brands.

You weren't even a country back then, mista'!
FTPADDICT, I will definitely have to give you that one. We are just a babe when it comes to being a country. (and fortunately Europe exports enough fine beer to Canada to keep us pointing in the right direction)

I think I will call it a day and crack the top off a cold one.
08-28-2008, 01:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I think I will call it a day and crack the top off a cold one.
Lucky you! I'm still very much at work now.