Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Charleston Harbor Sunset
Lens: pentax 18-135 Camera: k3 Photo Location: Charleston ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: spflycaster, 11-23-2017, 05:11 PM

Hi, I have not posted a photo here in years, I have moved to South Carolina and have been trying to capture it in photography as much as possible. Thought I would start by sharing this lucky dog sunset looking into the Charleston harbor from the town of Mount Pleasant. I was pleased when this spaniel jumped into my sunset and just sat there and posed for me.
Thanks

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Views: 1,074
11-23-2017, 07:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nicely done. It is rare when we sometimes are able to capture a scene like this at the right time.

Thanks for sharing.

TT
11-24-2017, 09:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
thanks
11-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

This photo has a lot more to offer than at first glance. I found myself really reading into the scene. Was the photographer the dog's master? If not, who was? Where did he come from? What's he looking at so intently? Very nice image.

11-24-2017, 04:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like this one a lot. TFS.
11-27-2017, 06:39 AM   #6

Original Poster
---------- Post added 11-27-17 at 06:41 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
This photo has a lot more to offer than at first glance. I found myself really reading into the scene. Was the photographer the dog's master? If not, who was? Where did he come from? What's he looking at so intently? Very nice image.
This was a new spot i found to photograph sunset of Charleston Harbor., (only this time of year) There were lots of hunting dogs playing behind me and as I was setting up, three or four jumped into the water and started splashing around. They were all called back by their owners, but this spaniel just sat right there, I kept thinking stay there please.!! I originally bracketed this image and he actually sat there motionless as i went through 6 frames.. Super lucky but I only needed the one frame in the long run. I really am not sure what he was looking at. The direction he was looking was right into some trees I really think he was just resting.

Read more at: Charleston Harbor Sunset - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 11-27-17 at 06:43 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
I like this one a lot. TFS.
thanks
08-01-2018, 02:09 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by spflycaster Quote
Hi, I have not posted a photo here in years, I have moved to South Carolina and have been trying to capture it in photography as much as possible. Thought I would start by sharing this lucky dog sunset looking into the Charleston harbor from the town of Mount Pleasant. I was pleased when this spaniel jumped into my sunset and just sat there and posed for me.
Thanks
Very serene.

08-18-2018, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #8
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by spflycaster Quote
Thanks
love the focal point and the sunburst good one!
10-03-2018, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
love the focal point and the sunburst good one!
thank you very much
10-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a terrific scene very well photographed. I can't wait to see more of your photos from South Carolina. A good friend of mine retired in Longs, SC just inland from North Myrtle Beach and has been strongly encouraging me to come check it out.
10-03-2018, 01:26 PM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is a terrific scene very well photographed. I can't wait to see more of your photos from South Carolina. A good friend of mine retired in Longs, SC just inland from North Myrtle Beach and has been strongly encouraging me to come check it out.
Thank you so much, it is definitely one of my favs one of a kind.. (hopefully). yes you should definitely come out and see South Carolina.. I don't post a lot of photos but I do have a gallery with lots of birds in it. I tend to do sunsets, sunrises and birds mostly.. I am not sure how to find my threads with other posts..