Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Fishtails
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA 50mm f:2.8 Macro Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Idaho ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F27 
Posted By: Dewman, 12-04-2017, 05:37 PM

Harley-Davidson exhaust pipes. I love the starbursts that the FA-50mm Macro produces.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 

Views: 365
12-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very cool photo - starbursts are icing on the cake.

Jer
12-05-2017, 03:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Nicely done. You don't see too many fishtail exhausts anymore. That Harley Davidson wheel and tire is a feast for the eye... the two tone fender, all that chrome, all those spokes, a whole lotta' whitewall and that big disc brake .

Nice pix and good eye...spotting and isolating those bits of H-D.

To an old guy like me, all those styling cues (except the disc brake) brought together are from a different era...I'd say the 1950's. When I looked at your picture, it reinforced why Harley Davidson is popular...just looking at one makes an old boy think of earlier simpler times...or at least they seem that way, when viewed through my rose tinted glasses.

Last edited by lesmore49; 12-05-2017 at 04:01 PM.
12-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nicely done. You don't see too many fishtail exhausts anymore. That Harley Davidson wheel and tire is a feast for the eye...then two tone fender, all that chrome, all those spokes, a whole lotta' whitewall and that big disc brake .

Nice pix and good eye...spotting and isolating those bits of H-D.

They were having a big sale going on at the HD dealership.... the largest one in the state. So many Harleys! So many photo ops! So much chrome! So much testosterone! ..... and a lot of foxy motorcycle mamas in attendance, too! But, I didn't want to get caught zooming in on any of them! And, there's not a thing wrong with rose-colored glasses!

12-05-2017, 09:58 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
They were having a big sale going on at the HD dealership.... the largest one in the state. So many Harleys! So many photo ops! So much chrome! So much testosterone! ..... and a lot of foxy motorcycle mamas in attendance, too! But, I didn't want to get caught zooming in on any of them! And, there's not a thing wrong with rose-colored glasses!