Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
afternoon on the water
Lens: 28-300 Tamron Camera: k-m Photo Location: wallis Lake 
Posted By: Kombivan, 12-10-2017, 03:16 AM

Second shoot with the KM of the sunset its not 100% realiable and the controls are rubbish as you can't read the back screen when outdoors. needs 4 dials on the top one for shutter one for aperture one for iso and one for all the modes be heaps better than trying to read and set up for each shot would have 80% more control over this camera with those 4 dials or 3 and the aperture ring going away from the aperture ring will be Pentax's biggest mistake ever. I took 456 images in 3 hours can you imagine how many times I had to changes settings and blind most of the time due to the rear screen just hopeless.

---------- Post added 12-10-17 at 03:51 AM ----------

The mz-5 had the best controls ever aperture ring, shutter speed, and Mode dial. There is no need for a sv or Tav mode on a camera if you know what your doing you can set that and have it fixed the new cameras have too many bells and whistles when they only have one light meter that gives the same exposure value where ever you set it, aside from depth of field and speed of capture but at the end on the day the exposure is still the same only creativity is in manual mode and that iso is so annoying not having fixed settings like a dialso you can set the iso and leave it till you want to change it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 

Last edited by Kombivan; 12-10-2017 at 03:33 AM.
Views: 622
12-10-2017, 04:13 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I'll blame the shutter speed control not me no way.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
12-10-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
If I wish to update the firmware on my K-5II do I just connect the camera to my computer and download the upgrades? is it that simple?

Just did the K-m well it didn't need new firmware.

Last edited by Kombivan; 12-10-2017 at 01:01 PM.