Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Found my Camera!
Posted By: JETninja, 08-28-2008, 02:33 PM

In a shot a work buddy took while recently in Hong Kong & P.I. to meet the new Mrs's family. Not the best pic (Panny FZ8 P&S) but I noticed in once of the Pictures of downtown Hong Kong, a Pentax Ad. Upon 100% Crop:

Attached Images

Views: 1,400
08-28-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K200D sweet !
08-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That's all I really want Pentax to do is advertise more. New body with better AF, FF bodies, new lenses, blah, blah, and blah. It's all pretty much worthless if no one knows about the products.

With the recent leaks about the upcoming D90 and 50D, there have been many threads expressing their wishes, dream, and fantasies about what Pentax should produce but IMO all of it is worthless if only a handful of die hards and Pentax forum nuts know about them. Hire some marketing people and advertise. Call it selling out or whatever but I want to walk into the big box stores and see a Pentax right next to all the others. Heck in the US get them into a Walmart and they'll sell.
08-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #4

Original Poster
Totally agree! At least the winning of a Consumer Reports comparison by the K200D should get the name out there more any recent program, but Pentax needs to take advantage of that. You should see them on TV, in Print, and selected Billboards....

08-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
That's all I really want Pentax to do is advertise more. New body with better AF, FF bodies, new lenses, blah, blah, and blah. It's all pretty much worthless if no one knows about the products.
About three weeks from now we should hopefully know their direction for future releases. I have to believe they have been listening even know their current systems take great pictures.. that there is always room for improvement.. ride high Pentax and stay the coarse with bringing out new equipment that keeps us believing the choice we made [which I know I did] was correct. Cheers. JIMBO