Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Sunset at the Racetrack, Death Valley
Lens: Voigtlander 15mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 12-14-2017, 01:06 AM

A Racetrack Sunset, taken during one of my Workshops for three participants only in Death Valley last January. Leica SL, Voigtlander 15mm v. III and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters. Thanks for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo 

Views: 492
12-14-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Love the sky! Isn't this similar to a shot you posted earlier?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I thought I'd commented on his one before too Vieri...lovely landscape.
12-16-2017, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
I thought I'd commented on his one before too Vieri...lovely landscape.
Hey guys, thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed it! I might have posted a similar one (perhaps B&W?) of the same scene, but I don't think I already share this - I might be wrong though, in which case I apologies.

Best regards,

Vieri

12-16-2017, 09:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think its the filters or rather the slow exposure which causes the movement in the clouds to elongate and look familia to other long exposure shots.

Nice shot though.
12-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPusher Quote
I think its the filters or rather the slow exposure which causes the movement in the clouds to elongate and look familia to other long exposure shots.

Nice shot though.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it Well, the exposure here is not that slow, only 1/6 sec.; the clouds look elongated due to the focal length (15mm) and to their natural shape... I did post similar shots (or, shots from the same day) though, which is why it looked familiar, probably

Best regards,

Vieri
12-19-2017, 11:20 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Found the other shot:
A serene sunset at the Racetrack - PentaxForums.com

I like this new version more, because the sky gives it more depth.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Found the other shot:
A serene sunset at the Racetrack - PentaxForums.com

I like this new version more, because the sky gives it more depth.
Thank you Adam! Yes, the other shot has been done with a FOV equivalent of 28mm, while this one is a 15mm shot - the different focal length make a huge difference here in terms of perceived depth of the scene I like both shots, they convey a very different feel: serene and calm the older one, more "dynamic" and dramatic this one. My preference is generally for interpretations like the one posted here, but sometimes I also enjoy creating some more tranquil and serene mood

Best regards,

Vieri