Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Ava
Lens: Pentax 28-200mm Camera: K-20D Photo Location: Black Moshannon Creek 
Posted By: joelbolden, 12-22-2017, 02:30 PM

The last Saturday of every March a white water race is run on 10 miles of Black Moshannon Creek, here in the Allegheny Mountains of Central Pennsylvania. It's actually known as the "Red Mo" race since this portion of the creek is polluted by acid mine runoff. I was one of the safety guys stationed at one the worst areas where the most capsizes happen, and of course I had my K-20D handy. In this case it was the last obstacle before the finish line, known as twin rocks. The young lady in the picture, 9 year old Ava, belongs to a young persons' Slalom race club run by an ex-Olympic kayaker, Dave Kurtz. She is absolutely fearless. Here she is running that last obstacle and taking 1st place in her age group. There were 206 racers, ranging in age from 8-82.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 

Views: 722
12-22-2017, 02:38 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joelbolden Quote
She is absolutely fearless
Little Ava has much more courage than me Joel. Excellent image, well taken.
12-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very well executed action shot. Thanks a million.

TT
12-22-2017, 06:25 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice photo.

You would never catch me doing that

Clarence