Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Eclipsed . . . . .
Lens: DA* 300/4 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Dinning Room ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Sailor, 12-24-2017, 08:49 PM

. . . . . . . . by the sharpest dude in the chandelier.

For the first time in my 71-year-old life, we opened our Christmas presents on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas morning. Thus, I opened my new DA 300 well after dark; to see if the thing works, I photographed bits and pieces of the chandelier in our dining room - hardly what the lens was intended for. To my surprise, I actually like one of the test shots I made.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Jer


Views: 704
12-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Liney's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,223
Nice image, and even better in black and white. The clarity of the glass around the filament nearest the camera contrasts nicely with the filament behind it, if this was a test shot then I can't wait to see when you really use it in anger
12-25-2017, 03:14 AM   #3
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
pjv's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,727
Methinks the DA stands for " Delightfully Artistic " in this case Jer.
12-25-2017, 11:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member
AussieTrev's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Queensland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,590
Not a use I thought for the 300, but in your hand it was.

12-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,645
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Nice image, and even better in black and white. The clarity of the glass around the filament nearest the camera contrasts nicely with the filament behind it, if this was a test shot then I can't wait to see when you really use it in anger
Thanks very much - I appreciate your comments.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Methinks the DA stands for " Delightfully Artistic " in this case Jer.
Hey buddy, thanks for the very kind words!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
Not a use I thought for the 300, but in your hand it was.
Thanks much, Trev. I'm looking forward to playing with the "big guy" further.

Jer
12-31-2017, 12:07 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 50,158
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
. . . . . . . . by the sharpest dude in the chandelier.

For the first time in my 71-year-old life, we opened our Christmas presents on Christmas Eve rather than Christmas morning. Thus, I opened my new DA 300 well after dark; to see if the thing works, I photographed bits and pieces of the chandelier in our dining room - hardly what the lens was intended for. To my surprise, I actually like one of the test shots I made.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Jer

Congrats on the lens! Very interesting first capture- that's some really pretty bokeh.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-31-2017, 12:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 36,791
Sharp image with great Bokeh.

12-31-2017, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,645
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats on the lens! Very interesting first capture- that's some really pretty bokeh.
Thanks much, Adam.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Sharp image with great Bokeh.
Thanks, my friend.

Jer
12-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member
Dewman's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Idaho
Posts: 5,369
A very good eye, Jer.
01-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 23,645
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
A very good eye, Jer.
Thank you, sir!

Jer
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, chandelier, christmas, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eclipsed Bird ajrei Monthly Photo Contests 3 11-13-2017 11:06 AM
Partially Eclipsed vitaminC Monthly Photo Contests 4 11-11-2017 07:26 PM
Street and car lamps eclipsed Matthew Monthly Photo Contests 0 04-03-2016 05:27 AM
Nature Mostly Eclipsed Moon Setting Over the Front Range Mark Castleman Post Your Photos! 19 12-11-2011 12:41 PM
Night Eclipsed Moon Brian Mould Post Your Photos! 2 03-01-2011 10:00 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:03 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top