Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Hollywood Hills
Lens: 28, 50, 70-200 Camera: 6D Photo Location: Hollywood Hills CA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 
Posted By: SpecialK, 01-02-2018, 07:28 PM

Above Hollywood are the "Hollywood hills". They are famously traversed east-west by Mulholland Drive, and other famous canyon names running north and south. Lots of rich people live here, as did Charles Manson's victims.

Anyway, I got up to a foggy morning and decided, optimistically, the weather might be better in an hour and 40 miles away. Not so much. And my sensor is hideously dirty.

Along Mulholland, which winds about 50 miles east-west, are some designated overlooks. Most have orientation signs.

Looking northeast.

The road actually follows the hair-pin curve at the base of this hill. It must be an expensive view.

Probably nice when the sky is better. The Hollywood Bowl is at bottom right.

Some little fenced off power box got stickered.

A hill house.

A few miles west is the Universal City overlook. Looking northish.

Another box got stickered.

Universal studios.

Another hill house directly across the road.

It looks like 2 houses but the white one and brown one are separated when you get closer to them.

You could get a ticket during off hours.

After this stretch of overlooks, I went to my main destination a few miles down the road - a former Nike missile radar site, now a park. At one intersection I zigged instead of zagged, and had to backtrack 15 minutes when I popped out in flat Studio City on the north side...
Was Nike missiles, now a park - PentaxForums.com

Cheers!

Last edited by SpecialK; 01-02-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Views: 917
06-28-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The fog certainly changed the character for these images.