Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Rescue
Lens: Tamron 70 - 200mm Camera: K 1 Photo Location: East Coast Canada ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Outlander, 01-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Rescued Mia !

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 672
01-07-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks a little chilly! What's the story behind this pic? I like the pose

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2018, 01:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Like the way you've captured this Outlander...did you use bounce flash or handhold off camera to right in wireless mode.
01-08-2018, 11:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A beautiful photograph! I love the braided mane. A very nice touch. I too would like some more information about the horse.... and the rescue.

01-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thank you for the kind words ! Her name is Mia ! she was purchased from a Horse Dealer ,but after a few days of ownership the Horse was very aggressive and acting up ! it was thought the Horse was drugged to keep it calm when taken possession ,the couple who bought her asked a friend of mine who runs a Animal Rescue Ranch if they would take the Horse off there hands , it took three years for my friend to Rehab this beautiful Girl allowing her to trust People again ! some of the Horses at this Ranch have been Literally taken off a Meat Truck destined for Slaughter for ether being to old or most cases Abused and Broken having issues which no one wants, the Horses are rehabilitated and then Adopted out ! As for the photo I used a Youngnuo Flash with a Guide # of 60 I own a Metz and a Pentax , and have several Youngnou flashes for as you know they all talk to each other ! lol . the Youngnuo 660 is my go to flash, man this thing is BRIGHT ! ive been finding myself using this Flash Bender I purchased from Ebay for its compact and easy to carry around in my Bag, which is what I used in this case attached to Aperture Receives , I also carry this telescopic Flash pole around for its small and extends out to about 6' I usually have a Roll of Black Electrical tape with me and ill mount this pole to what's ever at my disposal , however in this case I simple just stuck it in the snow , I do love this Flash Bender tough , for you can manipulate your lighting in several ways . thanks again Cheers !! Alan
01-10-2018, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great photo, I'm drawn to the eye. It's captivating. I believe you can look into the soul of an animal through its eyes.
01-10-2018, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Is she Appaloosa with maybe some Quarter Horse mixed in? She is a bit of a barrel chested girl which makes me think Quarter Horse.

01-10-2018, 07:36 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

I've got a Rogue flash bender also, wouldn't be without it...all my pics with either my 360 Pentax or 430 Canon flashguns are enhanced with the Rogue.