Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Fixer-Upper
Lens: Pentax-DA 16-45mm Camera: K-30 Photo Location: Idaho ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: Dewman, 01-19-2018, 05:32 PM

Taken in central Idaho during a weekend photo safari.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 

Views: 857
01-19-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Neat shot. A lot of texture. I like the treatment.
01-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nicely done Dewman...doesn't look like it'll be vertical much longer.
01-20-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Nicely done Dewman...doesn't look like it'll be vertical much longer.

Nope, I doubt it. I'd sure like to have some of that weather-worn lumber for some rustic projects! Select "barn wood" fetches a lot of money!

01-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
Forum Member

A striking image, very nicely done. It appears the trees are reclaiming their kin.
01-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll add to the applause. Terrific subject, well composed and the PP is perfect.

Jer
01-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'll add to the applause. Terrific subject, well composed and the PP is perfect.

Jer

Thanks, Jer. This little valley in central Idaho has some very photogenic old buildings. Also, one of the highest concentrations of wolves in the state! The sheep ranchers aren't too fond of the Federally mandated reintroduction. I used to live high up in the mountains and we had quite a few of them visit us. Here's the tracks of an overnight visitor we had.... about 10 yards from our back porch. Please excuse the poor quality of the image. It was taken with a small 3 MP P&S camera.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
  Photo 
01-23-2018, 06:39 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dewman Quote
Thanks, Jer. This little valley in central Idaho has some very photogenic old buildings. Also, one of the highest concentrations of wolves in the state! The sheep ranchers aren't too fond of the Federally mandated reintroduction. I used to live high up in the mountains and we had quite a few of them visit us. Here's the tracks of an overnight visitor we had.... about 10 yards from our back porch. Please excuse the poor quality of the image. It was taken with a small 3 MP P&S camera.
Wow - the size of the footprint surprised me. I didn't realize wolves were that large!

Jer
01-23-2018, 12:18 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wow - the size of the footprint surprised me. I didn't realize wolves were that large!

Jer

Jer, this shot was taken not far from where I used to live. They can grow to 200 lbs.! I would imagine the one that left the tracks near our cabin was in that size range.... or larger!
Attached Images