Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
Storm at sunset at Playa Barrika, Basque Country
Lens: Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm Camera: Leica SL ISO: 50 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 01-24-2018, 04:23 AM

Storm at sunset at amazing Playa Barrika in the Basque Country, taken during the Workshop I led las September in Asturias and the Atlantic Coast of Spain. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
LEICA SL (Typ 601)  Photo 

Views: 1,609
01-24-2018, 05:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Excellent seascape. The marching clouds give a strong sense of movement. A lot of careful post processing I suspect to manage the dynamic range.
01-24-2018, 09:50 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very clever composition Vieri...love the way the rocks are leading the eye centrally to where the lightest element of the image is...are you using a linear blend technique here.
01-24-2018, 07:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful and a bit alien - and that's a good thing.

Jer

02-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Excellent seascape. The marching clouds give a strong sense of movement. A lot of careful post processing I suspect to manage the dynamic range.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! Well, I use filters at the time of shooting to minimise post-processing and get as much as I can in camera - that said, of course there is some work to be done anyway

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Very clever composition Vieri...love the way the rocks are leading the eye centrally to where the lightest element of the image is...are you using a linear blend technique here.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the composition! No, no linear blend technique (see above).

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Beautiful and a bit alien - and that's a good thing.

Jer
Thank you very much Jer, I am glad you enjoyed the alien feel!

Best regards,

Vieri
06-28-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Storm at sunset at amazing Playa Barrika in the Basque Country, taken during the Workshop I led las September in Asturias and the Atlantic Coast of Spain. Leica SL, Leica Vario-Elmarit-SL 24-90mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest filters.

Vieri
WHOA! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SHOT! Holy moly! What is even happening!? Love this shot
06-28-2018, 08:49 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Vieri
I like the variations in colors, levels, and textures here.

06-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Everything came together nicely, well done.
06-28-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

It feels as though everything is in motion: the clouds coming at us, and the rocks seemingly pushing up through the sand and water. Very eerie. Great composition with the rocks, and the water streaming across the sand. So many different textures all clamoring to be recognized. And it comes out so balanced with features to look at all across the image. Truly excellent image. Thanks.
06-29-2018, 02:42 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
WHOA! THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SHOT! Holy moly! What is even happening!? Love this shot
Thank you very much indeed, I am glad you enjoyed it! Barrika is an amazing place to photograph!

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I like the variations in colors, levels, and textures here.
Thank you very much, I am glad you liked it!

QuoteOriginally posted by regor Quote
Everything came together nicely, well done.
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it!

QuoteOriginally posted by TedH42 Quote
It feels as though everything is in motion: the clouds coming at us, and the rocks seemingly pushing up through the sand and water. Very eerie. Great composition with the rocks, and the water streaming across the sand. So many different textures all clamoring to be recognized. And it comes out so balanced with features to look at all across the image. Truly excellent image. Thanks.
Thank you very much Ted for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed it! Barrika and its rocks is such an amazing place to work at, and when you get a sky such as that, there are so many different moods and layers you can put to a good use... I can't wait to go back there in September!

Best regards,

Vieri
08-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Vieri
Beautiful!

thumbsup
08-24-2018, 12:23 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Beautiful!

:thumbsup:
Thank you very much indeed! Best regards,

Vieri
08-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Outstanding!
08-25-2018, 12:41 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
Outstanding!
Thank you very much indeed! Best regards,

Vieri
10-17-2018, 12:27 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Vieri
Did you use ND filter? If so, what strength? Thanks