Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Houston Auto Show: High-Dollar Hot Rods
Camera: Panasonic LX100 Photo Location: Houston, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 01-27-2018, 12:00 PM

Here are some snapshots of high-dollar and exotic automobiles (BMW, Aston, Ferrari and Lambo) that I grabbed at this year's Houston Auto Show. The pics are technically mediocre. Since we were focused on identifying possible candidates to replace one of our current cars in the coming months, I didn't take much time with my photography - shooting from the hip.

Jer

Views: 952
01-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm partial to angular Lambos, and silver cars, but I could see driving one of those. Even the green one.
01-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Aston Martin is a beaut! Probably not as wonderful to own but man is it pretty!
01-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent photos of some lovely cars! I love the rear end shot of the Aston <drool>... I guess that's the one you've chosen, right?

Thanks for sharing

01-27-2018, 04:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Definitely "Dream Machines"
01-27-2018, 04:41 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

Lovely cars...some very nice high end exotics. I have one experience with an Aston Martin...other than being a regular viewer of the Connery/Moore James Bond movies.

A few years ago I did a photo shoot of an older Aston Martin. It was a lovely car and inside beautiful...Connolly hide leather, burled walnut ...Smiths instruments...
The owner wanted to pay me, but I said no, just having the opportunity to be around such an automobile and photograph it was thanks enough. He also asked me if I would like to drive it. Again I declined as I felt with my luck...Murphys Law would be sure to intervene.

I did ask for a ride. It was a wonderful drive...on par with another drive I had with an old Porsche 356 Cabriolet...or driving an early '60's Jaguar Mk. 2, 3.8 liter...or...well the list goes on when you're as old as I am.

BTW I think the photos are quite good. Nice to see cars like Lambos, Ferraris, etc...we don't see too many of those bumping down back country roads ... on the Canadian prairies. I come from a long line of farmers..in fact I'm first generation off the farm, but I can still imagine some of those grain farmers looking closely with an analytic eye, at some of these exotics...wondering how many bags of grain seed they could carry in the trunk.
01-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Excellent photos of some lovely cars! I love the rear end shot of the Aston <drool>... I guess that's the one you've chosen, right?

Thanks for sharing
yes

please tell us which vehicle will be used for your " Sunday drive "

01-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #8
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Houston Auto Show: High-Dollar Hot Rods
WOW !!!
01-28-2018, 09:28 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That's a great collection of beautiful cars, Buddy!
Which one did you order for Connie?
01-28-2018, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
I'm partial to angular Lambos, and silver cars, but I could see driving one of those. Even the green one.
I've ridden in a Gallardo, piloted by a race driver on one of the local tracks, and I can tell you these things obey different laws of physics. You also have to devise some new physical laws in order to work your way out of the car. Practical? No. Cool? Absolutely!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The Aston Martin is a beaut! Probably not as wonderful to own but man is it pretty!
I agree; it's my pick of this particular litter. The lines are so svelte and the proportions so perfect - the thing takes my breath away.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

Thanks for sharing
And thanks for looking. I'd love to bring the Aston home, but I dare not. My wife is wonderfully indulgent in allowing me to pursue my passion for cars, but she's not that indulgent.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Definitely "Dream Machines"
They are that, EM.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Lovely cars...some very nice high end exotics. I have one experience with an Aston Martin...other than being a regular viewer of the Connery/Moore James Bond movies.

A few years ago I did a photo shoot of an older Aston Martin. It was a lovely car and inside beautiful...Connolly hide leather, burled walnut ...Smiths instruments...
The owner wanted to pay me, but I said no, just having the opportunity to be around such an automobile and photograph it was thanks enough. He also asked me if I would like to drive it. Again I declined as I felt with my luck...Murphys Law would be sure to intervene.

I did ask for a ride. It was a wonderful drive...on par with another drive I had with an old Porsche 356 Cabriolet...or driving an early '60's Jaguar Mk. 2, 3.8 liter...or...well the list goes on when you're as old as I am.

BTW I think the photos are quite good. Nice to see cars like Lambos, Ferraris, etc...we don't see too many of those bumping down back country roads ... on the Canadian prairies. I come from a long line of farmers..in fact I'm first generation off the farm, but I can still imagine some of those grain farmers looking closely with an analytic eye, at some of these exotics...wondering how many bags of grain seed they could carry in the trunk.
Hey Les - Thanks much.

I've never had the privilege to ride or drive an Aston, so I envy you. As in your case, my attention was drawn to the marque by 007 himself; I wonder whether the ejection seat is a stand alone option or part of a package.

None of these babies could carry much grain, but they certainly could haul the stuff to market really fast!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
yes

please tell us which vehicle will be used for your " Sunday drive "
Fortunately, that car is already sitting in my garage. Of course, I wouldn't mind the Aston parked next to it . . . . . . . . .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
WOW !!!
You said it, mate!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
That's a great collection of beautiful cars, Buddy!
Which one did you order for Connie?
Hey, Norbert, thanks much. I think she'd look good in that BMW i8, don't you?

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 01-28-2018 at 12:52 PM.
01-28-2018, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Norbert, thanks much. I think she'd look good in that BMW i8, don't you?

Jer
She'd look good in all of these
01-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
She'd look good in all of these
Your comment, which I passed on to Connie, gave her a big smile! Thanks, buddy.

Jer
02-03-2018, 01:02 AM   #13
Inactive Account

Great series of beauties Jer!
02-03-2018, 01:49 AM   #14

Wow very nice! I love cars. There are no real auto shows here in Perth
02-03-2018, 07:19 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster