Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Chick fell out of the nest
Lens: SMC Pentax-M 100mm 1:4 macro Camera: Sony A72 Photo Location: front yard ISO: 160 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F13.5 
Posted By: vyoufinder, 02-01-2018, 04:11 PM

This chick fell out of the nest. I kept the cat away while photographing it and took the cat inside until the parents could retrieve their baby to safety. Choosing an image for this contest was easy for me.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-7M2  Photo 

Views: 582
02-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vyoufinder Quote
This chick fell out of the nest. I kept the cat away while photographing it and took the cat inside until the parents could retrieve their baby to safety. Choosing an image for this contest was easy for me.
Very nicely shot! Lovely detail.
02-04-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Oh, this is such a stressful situation. We've found chicks on the ground a number of times and have been told by wildlife carers to leave them, provided the parents are feeding them. Hope this little guy was OK.

Thanks for sharing the shot and the story.
07-25-2018, 05:38 PM   #4
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
incredible detail! really well done

08-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
So cute!