Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Blue Fly
Lens: SMC Pentax-DFA Macro 100mm Camera: Pentax K-5 Photo Location: Backyard Bird Bath ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Blizz753, 02-03-2018, 10:59 AM

I just received my new Pentax 100 mm Macro Lens and was walking about my back yard when I came upon this fly barely floating in the bird bath. I grabbed a twig and helped the little fellow to the edge, he dried off and I'm thinking it actually posed for me because after a couple of quick shots off he or she went. I didn't realize how beautiful this little fly was until I actually processed the photo on my PC later that day. I had the image developed into an 11" x 14" photo which I now proudly display my home.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 648
08-01-2018, 07:25 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow! Great photo.

It reminded me when I was young, catching flies and painting them with the marker.

Who knows, maybe there is a photographer with a picture of a phosphorescent fly hanging in the living room of his house as a trophy ...
08-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Colors are nice, and bird bath provides a neutral background
08-05-2018, 05:10 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carabez Quote
Wow! Great photo.

It reminded me when I was young, catching flies and painting them with the marker.

Who knows, maybe there is a photographer with a picture of a phosphorescent fly hanging in the living room of his house as a trophy ...
Many Thanks,

It was my first time out with my newly aquired Pentax 100mm Macro. A lot of luck with capturing this image of this little creature.

---------- Post added 08-05-18 at 07:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Colors are nice, and bird bath provides a neutral background
Thank you. I have to admit it was really a matter of being there at the right time.