Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 27 Likes Search this Thread
11 Likes  
Thank you
Posted By: peggers, 02-05-2018, 02:47 AM

Dear Pentax community,
Some time ago I asked for suggestions for lenses to use whilst photographing the northern lights in Iceland. You people were really helpful in helping me decide what to purchase. In the end I purchased a Rokininon 14 MM F2.8 to go with my K1. It was great. We did manage to see the lights and here are two of the images I was able to obtain.
Kind regards
Ian Pegram

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 1,445
02-07-2018, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Thank you, peggers. Iceland and Newfoundland are on my bucket list. I understand that Iceland is a fabulous place for photography, even without the northern lights. Plus it would be interesting to see where the continental plates come together.

Trish

02-07-2018, 07:13 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amazing shots. Lighting in the first is just spectacular.
02-08-2018, 11:53 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lovely images peggers...would love to see the Northern Lights myself.
02-09-2018, 09:43 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Difficult Choice Quote
Thank you, peggers. Iceland and Newfoundland are on my bucket list. I understand that Iceland is a fabulous place for photography, even without the northern lights. Plus it would be interesting to see where the continental plates come together.

Trish
And there is a Game of Thrones tour you can do in Iceland too. It takes you to the various sites where GOT has been filmed, and is hosted by Theo, a person who has been an extra numerous times in the filming of GOT. It is a great trip and if you go to Iceland I would recommend it. I do have to say that the language used by Theo is a bit strong sometimes!

---------- Post added 02-10-18 at 03:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
Lovely images peggers...would love to see the Northern Lights myself.
I have to say it was really quite exciting seeing them. When you go there is no guarantee at all that you will see them, and so the excitement is in the hunt and the anticipation, as well as actually seeing them