Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Sunflowers and bees (Q and 02)
Lens: Q 02 Camera: Pentax Q Photo Location: Felton, Queensland ISO: 320 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: PJ1, 02-17-2018, 10:20 PM

Sunflowers at Felton, Queensland. I took these with the Q and 02, handheld, processed with PS Elements 12. The sunflowers will probably hit their peak in another week. I tried to get bees on the flowers but the system and the operator were both a bit challenged. With the flower heads inclining away from the sun it is always going to be difficult. I managed to get a bee in a shaft of light, but not fast enough to stop the wings.

Views: 974
02-21-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Nice shooting pj1.
02-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #3
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you, Janse. They are mesmerizing when you view an entire field. The last lot (about a month ago, a few km further down the road) had photographers lined up every time I went past.
06-14-2018, 05:42 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Sunflowers at Felton, Queensland. I took these with the Q and 02, handheld, processed with PS Elements 12. The sunflowers will probably hit their peak in another week. I tried to get bees on the flowers but the system and the operator were both a bit challenged. With the flower heads inclining away from the sun it is always going to be difficult. I managed to get a bee in a shaft of light, but not fast enough to stop the wings.

Obviously those wings were "flapping" very fast. You wouldn't want to completely 'stop' them anyway because flying objects always look weird when nothing seems to be keeping them going.