Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wide & Long
Lens: 15mm & 300+ Camera: K3 & K5 Photo Location: Ft Ward, WA 
Posted By: K-Three, 02-20-2018, 09:28 PM

We had some clear cold weather while my sister-in-law was visiting last week, took her down to a beach park and went for a walk. She photographs too, but has taken a minimal approach, her kit now consist of one of the higher end Panasonic/Leica P&S cameras.
I had not been out seriously shooting for a while, so took a bunch of my kit out, both the K5 & K3, and half-dozen lenses.
I started our walk with the 18-135 on the K3 and everything else packed in the bag, started seeing birds, and got out the DA300 with the 1.4x (on the K5) on it, then the 18 on the zoom was just not covering. Off came the zoom and the 15ltd went on the K3.
By the end of the walk when I was packing it all back in the car, I noticed that I had been looking either through my longest or widest lenses.
I got a few keepers, hauled a bunch of stuff that never got unpacked.
Surprised myself, anyone else find themselves with combinations they did not expect when they get done?
15mm LTD:

DA300:

DA300+1.4x

Views: 671
07-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the second photo.

To answer your question: traditionally I've carried a wide angle lens, a standard lens, and a telephoto lens.

In recent years, all three lens have been zooms.