Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
There's A Sign On The Wall, But She Wants To Be Sure
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 02-21-2018, 02:43 PM

Seemed to be having a themed days shooting, took this same afternoon as this...

There's A Lady Who's Sure All That Glitters Is Gold - PentaxForums.com

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 1,143
07-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
For those of us old enough to remember them.
Too old to rock and roll, too young to die. My 25 year old son buys new vinyl LP's from time to time and I have to say the modern black discs are at least twice the thickness of the ones in my collection.

07-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
My 25 year old son buys new vinyl LP's from time to time and I have to say the modern black discs are at least twice the thickness of the ones in my collection.
Does this reflect at all in their audio reproduction qualities... or just make 'em hard to break?
07-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Does this reflect at all in their audio reproduction qualities... or just make 'em hard to break?
Probably the latter, although I've lost the ability to gauge sonic quality because of severe hearing loss. Fortunately I haven't lost my memory (yet), so if I listened to an album when I had 20/20 hearing, my brain processes the squawking and screeching produced by a cochlear implant and a hearing aid into the soothing vocals of Robert Palmer and the mellow percussion of John Bonham.
07-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
although I've lost the ability to gauge sonic quality because of severe hearing loss
Oh dear that doesn't sound good, I just have the dulled hearing of an older person, where the high trebles and the like have disappeared.

Fortunately I haven't lost my memory (yet)
Give it time... it will come.

the soothing vocals of Robert Palmer and the mellow percussion of John Bonham
Both seem to be vastly under stated of the team I remember... but that's covered by point two.