Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Where did I go wrong
Lens: Tamron 24-135 Camera: Pentax K-3 Photo Location: Bunratty Ireland 
Posted By: Schraubstock, 02-25-2018, 05:34 AM

Clearly wildlife photography is not my strength.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 10-27-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Views: 697
02-25-2018, 05:38 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

LOL

Actually, this is a lovely scene with nice colours. Leaving the bird there instead of cloning it out - as some of us might have been tempted to - has worked well. I like that the bird appears to be looking down the street at the same scene you've photographed
02-25-2018, 06:01 AM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the bird in the same " pose " as the man in the back ground

and the " reversal " of the normal perspective -

having the smaller " target " closer to the camera while the " larger " target is farther away

obviously you took the time to get that exact composition

good job
02-25-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I’d be tempted to call this photo “A bird’s eye view” as play on words for the thoughtful perspective that includes leaving the bird in the photo. Nicely done.

Last edited by Saltwater Images; 02-25-2018 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Typo
02-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Actually, this is a lovely scene with nice colours. Leaving the bird there instead of cloning it out - as some of us might have been tempted to - has worked well. I like that the bird appears to be looking down the street at the same scene you've photographed
Thanks for your kind appraisal.

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
I like the bird in the same " pose " as the man in the back ground and the " reversal " of the normal perspective - having the smaller " target " closer to the camera while the " larger " target is farther away obviously you took the time to get that exact composition good job
To me it is always of interest to see how people see thinks differently. Your comment is an example.
By the way the man in the background, as I later found out, was studying a menu board outside a pup offering a number of "Liquid Lunches" on offer all of which comprising different Irish beers like Murphy's Irish Stout, Murphy's Irish Red and half a dozen Guinness from Draught to Extra Stout if I remember correctly. Bon appetit

QuoteOriginally posted by Saltwater Images Quote
I’d be tempted to call this photo “A bird’s eye view”
Thanks.
Great suggestion, never occurred to me. This then would be a reverse bird’s eye view, would it not? (from bottom to up)
02-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schraubstock Quote

To me it is always of interest to see how people see thinks differently. Your comment is an example.
By the way the man in the background, as I later found out, was studying a menu board outside a pup offering a number of "Liquid Lunches" on offer all of which comprising different Irish beers like Murphy's Irish Stout, Murphy's Irish Red and half a dozen Guinness from Draught to Extra Stout if I remember correctly. Bon appetit

Thanks.
Great suggestion, never occurred to me. This then would be a reverse bird’s eye view, would it not? (from bottom to up)
That's the twist (play on words) and why I feel "A bird's eye view" works.
02-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks.
That is what I thought he was studying, the menu being posted outside

02-26-2018, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

At least you got the bird within the frame - something I rarely accomplish.

Jer
02-26-2018, 04:21 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
At least you got the bird within the frame
Thank you for commenting.

Yea, fifty years of trying and I finally done it !
02-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I nearly spit on my monitor from laughing after looking at the words and then at the image.
02-26-2018, 08:56 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
I nearly spit on my monitor from laughing after looking at the words and then at the image.
A man with an exquisite sense of humor. So glad you got a laugh out of it, the image's done its job.

Whatever you do, don't spit at your monitor. A little while ago there was a thread here how to remove saliva from a sensor and I was able to offer some advise, but monitor ? Sorry , you are on your own.

Cheers
06-14-2018, 10:14 AM   #12
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

I prefer images with life in them - and you managed to do it twice!!
07-27-2018, 04:46 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Clearly wildlife photography is not my strength.
Very nice!