Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Patina . . . . . .
Lens: K-1 Camera: DFA 28-105 Photo Location: Kemah, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 02-26-2018, 05:06 PM

. . . . . . . . . when you really need it.

Jer

Views: 734
02-26-2018, 11:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cool shot Buddy!
Triggers lots of great memories. In a very distant past we had lots of fun in an old "Bulli" ... one of the early modells with the split front screen ...
02-27-2018, 05:50 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, Norbert.

I'm glad to trigger a pleasant memory! VW minibuses were everywhere here back in the day, but I don't remember ever riding in one. I recently read that VW may introduce modern versions of them.

Jer
02-27-2018, 11:18 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice photo and the truck has 'patina' that many car enthusiasts want .

The VW pickup takes me back. I recall that the pickup sides could be folded down for ease of loading/unloading ...gave it a flatbed feature. The local VW dealer had one of these, much like the one in your picture, that was used as a delivery truck for VW parts...way back when. Also a local carpenter/contractor of German descent back in the 1960's in my town, drove a 4 door version of the pickup. The extra doors and seating capacity was handy for him to ferry workers to and from contracts.

When I think of it, the VW pickup had innovative features for the time...4 door availability, which many pickups now have and the fold down cargo sides, which hasn't been adopted by North American manufacturers, but is something that I think would be a worthwhile option for some work applications.

My sister and her husband bought a '60's VW window van...the one with the multitude of windows...they bought in the late '70's. They paid well under $ 1000 for it then and it was brought up from California. Seeing what they go for now, there has been a significant appreciation in value.

BTW, Jer, enjoyed your photo of the Porsche 918. We recently added a subscription to Amazon TV and one of the first shows I watched was The Grand Tour (naturally of course ) and the old top gear boys tested a Porsche 918 vs a McLaren and a Ferrari. The 918 acquitted itself well...the 4WD is an advantage both in acceleration and handling over traditional rear wheel drive supercars.

03-01-2018, 04:30 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Nice shot, she is in good condition for her age.
03-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice photo and the truck has 'patina' that many car enthusiasts want .

The VW pickup takes me back. I recall that the pickup sides could be folded down for ease of loading/unloading ...gave it a flatbed feature. The local VW dealer had one of these, much like the one in your picture, that was used as a delivery truck for VW parts...way back when. Also a local carpenter/contractor of German descent back in the 1960's in my town, drove a 4 door version of the pickup. The extra doors and seating capacity was handy for him to ferry workers to and from contracts.

When I think of it, the VW pickup had innovative features for the time...4 door availability, which many pickups now have and the fold down cargo sides, which hasn't been adopted by North American manufacturers, but is something that I think would be a worthwhile option for some work applications.

My sister and her husband bought a '60's VW window van...the one with the multitude of windows...they bought in the late '70's. They paid well under $ 1000 for it then and it was brought up from California. Seeing what they go for now, there has been a significant appreciation in value.

BTW, Jer, enjoyed your photo of the Porsche 918. We recently added a subscription to Amazon TV and one of the first shows I watched was The Grand Tour (naturally of course ) and the old top gear boys tested a Porsche 918 vs a McLaren and a Ferrari. The 918 acquitted itself well...the 4WD is an advantage both in acceleration and handling over traditional rear wheel drive supercars.
Thank you, Les. I'm glad this pic sparked your trip down memory lane, because I love your automotive recollections so much!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave B Quote
Nice shot, she is in good condition for her age.
Thanks, Dave. I wish I could say the same for myself.

Jer