Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

I won!
Posted By: rfortson, 02-22-2007, 03:38 PM

I posted this picture last week and received some good comments/criticisms for future work. I entered it (before the comments) in the employee photo contest at the Johnson Space Center, and I just found out that I won! Granted, I don't think it was a "juried" selection process but still, even my wife said there were some nice entries and wondered if I had a chance.

For my efforts I get $20 credit for the employee cafeteria (lunch date with the wife!) and I get to sit in on a photo session with an upcoming shuttle crew. Also, the picture will be published in the April edition of the employee newsletter (JSC Roundup). I guess I'll retire from photography now as I've obviously reached the pinnacle of my career!

(BTW, there were comments about the rockets not being plumb, which is correct. However, we had to submit a print and I think the print was actually straight. I know I cropped a little differently from this image here, but this is the closest one I have online.)
Views: 5,607
02-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Russ.
I wouldn't be so hard on your work. From what I see you do very well and can hold your own here or anywhere. I have been to Huston many times and have seen where you work that picture captures the beauty of the place.

02-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #17

congrats! that's a great shot.
02-23-2007, 01:54 PM   #18

Houston, there is no problem.

Congratulations on the win and the picture. And, even more so, congratulations on your continued love of photography.

Jeff
02-23-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats, Russ. During weekends in Kemah we venture up to the north side of the lake for lunch or dinner and thus pass by these rockets - your shot is a really clever way to present them.

Jerry

02-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Congrats, Russ! That's awesome news! Post up some photos of the competition and more importantly your photo shoot with the crew!
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

Regards,
D