Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Downtown Los Angeles after a few days of rain
Lens: F 300mm f/4.5 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: igowerf, 03-04-2018, 02:21 PM

I've been trying to get the shot Downtown LA with the mountains in the background. It was a very clear day today, but I still got some clouds in the distance, so I decided to do a panorama with my new-to-me 300mm f/4.5.

Eight shots at f/11, ISO 100 stitched together:

Views: 1,349
03-04-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by igowerf Quote
I've been trying to get the shot Downtown LA with the mountains in the background. It was a very clear day today, but I still got some clouds in the distance, so I decided to do a panorama with my new-to-me 300mm f/4.5.

Wonderful ! What a great panorama !
03-04-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice panorama.
03-04-2018, 10:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow!!!! This is beautiful work. I had no idea the mountains can be seen with the city. This is the reason why Vancouver is my dream home, looks like I oughta put LA on the list. Seriously though, I've always seen pics of LA without the mountains and never knew mountains existed near by it at all

03-05-2018, 12:22 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Wow!!!! This is beautiful work. I had no idea the mountains can be seen with the city. This is the reason why Vancouver is my dream home, looks like I oughta put LA on the list. Seriously though, I've always seen pics of LA without the mountains and never knew mountains existed near by it at all
Thanks! Honestly, it's not often that you get to see such a clear view of the city and the mountains, which is why I try to go for a hike after we get some rain.

What you see in the photo are actually two large mountain ranges. On the left side, you can see the Santa Monica Mountains taper off into the city, and the large majestic, snow capped mountains in the back are part of the San Gabriel mountain range.
03-28-2018, 05:13 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Very nice capture! Great job putting those shots together.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks for posting this. I lived in LA when the smog was terrible but I do remember that very, very rarely you would get a glimpse of the mountains. Well done.

07-21-2018, 03:09 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by igowerf Quote

What a difference!