Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shots with the SMC-A 50mm F2
Posted By: madmikess, 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM

I picked up this lens off ebay for $50 shipped which from reading around is about comparable if a bit on the higher side for price. But that's ok I wanted a prime within my price range and the 50s tend to get a lot of good reviews. Here are some shots I took with it today. I think they came out pretty good and I'm actually fairly impressed as the F2 doesn't seem to get as good a review as the f1.7 or F1.4.

And when all this photo-taking was done, it was time for a nap......

Views: 1,413
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Lovely series of shots. Looks like you got a good lens and fine results.
09-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Igilligan

A great sales add for the 50 F2

I can tell you my copy of the M 50 F2 is not as sharp at F2.8 as your 1st photo is....

I love that shot. You have a fine copy of that lens. Keep them coming
09-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Yeah, you have got a good one.
Is that your fingers getting in to the pepper shot at the top?
I think you should go out with a flashlight tonight and find out what's eating that pepper, it's probably a little worm.

Cute kid, shhhhhh, don't wake her.

09-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

why do you need two of 'em

QuoteQuote:
Vivitar 90mm Macro f2.8, Vivitar 90mm Macro f2.8
09-04-2008, 04:55 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by deejjjaaaa Quote
why do you need two of 'em
Well,I only have 2, I just messed up when I edited my sig and didn't realize it.
09-04-2008, 05:12 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Techiechick Quote
Lovely series of shots. Looks like you got a good lens and fine results.
Thank you, looks like I lucked out.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
I can tell you my copy of the M 50 F2 is not as sharp at F2.8 as your 1st photo is....

I love that shot. You have a fine copy of that lens. Keep them coming
Yes, I'm surprised by how well that one turned out without the flash, but looks like I got some good naturally lighting. Thank you for your good words.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Yeah, you have got a good one.
Is that your fingers getting in to the pepper shot at the top?
I think you should go out with a flashlight tonight and find out what's eating that pepper, it's probably a little worm.

Cute kid, shhhhhh, don't wake her.
I actually am curious what is eating the pepper plant. But not being really any kind of experienced gardeners, we probably wouldn't know what to do if we did find out. The pepper plant has nearly been a bust all summer, the peppers on it now didn't come out until about a week and 1/2 ago and the are supposed to be sweet bell peppers. I'm hoping they fatten out a little or else we might end up with some hot peppers. That's actually part of the pepper plant that you are seeing in the shot. My youngest is a most willing subject when she's a captive of the high chair. Thank you for your kind words.

09-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
I actually am curious what is eating the pepper plant. But not being really any kind of experienced gardeners, we probably wouldn't know what to do if we did find out. The pepper plant has nearly been a bust all summer, the peppers on it now didn't come out until about a week and 1/2 ago and the are supposed to be sweet bell peppers. I'm hoping they fatten out a little or else we might end up with some hot peppers. That's actually part of the pepper plant that you are seeing in the shot. My youngest is a most willing subject when she's a captive of the high chair. Thank you for your kind words.
I was serious about the flashlight, the chewers always come out at night. Look for a curled up leaf, if it has made it's cocoon then it's finished chewing. It could still be a sweet pepper, there are some Italian sweet peppers that are long like that.
09-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I was serious about the flashlight, the chewers always come out at night. Look for a curled up leaf, if it has made it's cocoon then it's finished chewing. It could still be a sweet pepper, there are some Italian sweet peppers that are long like that.
Haha, I believed you. I get out of work at midnight so when I get home I'll check it out. If I confirm what you are saying, what measures do you think I could take to get rid of the pest?
09-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series that first one is a great candid.
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Nice series that first one is a great candid.
Thank you, my captive subject (high chair) cooperated nicely by providing me with 5 good shots exactly like that.