Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Hanging out
Lens: Pentax DA*200 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Newton, IA, USA ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: babywriter, 03-11-2018, 05:58 PM

Saw this little guy yesterday morning. He foiled an anti-squirrel device somehow, and hung this way for several minutes (until the next-door neighbor came out and shooed him away). Whenever he wanted another seed, he'd just twist around and pull one out of the feeder.

Views: 635
03-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Cute pic. I've several feeders, squirrel proof and otherwise and their gymnastics are always fun to watch.
07-23-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
Saw this little guy yesterday morning. He foiled an anti-squirrel device somehow, and hung this way for several minutes (until the next-door neighbor came out and shooed him away). Whenever he wanted another seed, he'd just twist around and pull one out of the feeder.
Yeah, I've had one pull the same kind of stunt. Their rear ankles are specialized for this kind of thing. When they aren't frustrating us with their cleverness, they're endearing themselves to us with their cleverness.
07-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by babywriter Quote
What an acrobat!

07-27-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photogoof Quote
What an acrobat!
I think that's what endeared them to Rupert - they have an incredible ability to maneuver, and their mammalian brains seem able to work out all kinds of problems {back when I was trying on my own to keep them off the bird feeder, my wife would say they had "gone back to the white board to think about this"}